Chapter 13

Nevaeh

"W-what are you d-doing h-here?" I asked Maleek as I stuttered.

"I'm here for my mate and daughter." He said as he took a step closer with Katie in his hand.

"I-i'm staying here. This is where we b-belong." I said feeling alittle nervous.

"Stop the crap Nevaeh! You both are coming home with me, even if I have to drag you there! I wil-"

"Daddy?" I heard Katie say. I look at Maleek and I could see a spark flash through his eyes. He was happy and I was some what glad he was.

"Yes princess." He said as he looked at her.

"That is a mean word." She said as she looked in his eyes. A small smile made it's way onto my lips, I was happy I told my daughter that Maleek was her father. As long as she's happy i'm happy.

"Ok princess. I will not say it again." He said to her with a smile. She shook her head and gave him a smile. I stood there looking at them with a smile of my own.

"You told her?" He asked looking at me.

"T-told her w-what?" I asked playing with the hem of my blouse.

"That I was her father." He said.

"Yes captin obvious." I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" He said with a growl. Katie held on to him and burried her face in the creek of him neck. She hated growling, it scared her and at that point I knew she was scared. "I'm sorry baby. It won't happen again." He said to her in an apologetic tone." Why don't you go up to your room and play with your toys so that your mommy and I could talk, uh?" He asked her.

"Ok, but are you still gonna be here when I get back?" She asked.

"Yes princess, I will be here." He said to her with a smile.

"Ok daddy." She said as she smiled at him and gave him a hug. She wiggled out of his arms and head upstairs.

"Look Nevaeh, you are coming home with me. I will not spend another day without you and my daughter." Maleek said as he turned to me.

"Look Maleek, I am staying here with my daughter. Wether you like it or not. I've done all that I can to make my daughter and I comfortable and I will not give up all that I have for you. You mean nothing to me." I said as I walked away from him.

"Stop this nonsense! You and my daughter will come home with me even if I have to tie you up and take you there." He said as her held my hand stopping me.

"Why don't you just leave us alone! We were doing fine before you found us! Why did you have to come and ruin everything! I hate you Maleek! I hate you for rejecting me, I hate that I fell for you, I hate that my daughter had to live without her father for four years! I hate that she was in the hospital because of you! I hate that you came back into our lives, I hate that you are her father!" I shouted at him as I cried.

"I'm sorry you feel that way Nevaeh. I've suffered for four years because I rejected you. I've lost four years of my daughter's life. I missed her first words, her first step, her first smile, I missed the moment she opened her eyes I missed it all Nevaeh and it's all my fault. I blamed myself for all of it. I'm sorry, I know I can't take back what happened but I trully am sorry. Please Nevaeh, let us be a family." He said as he stepped closer to me.

I looked at him and smiled. "We will never be a family. The only person that ties us together is my daughter. I will come back with you for my daughter's sake but mate or not, there will never be an us." I said as I turned on my heel and went upstairs to pack our bags. I entered my room and I gather all the things that I would need and packed them in my suit case. I went into Katie's room and I saw Maleek seated on her bed and playing dolls with her.