Chapter 23

Nevaeh' POV

.
.
I went to the mall and as I stepped into Vero Moda store I fell in love with a short floral dress that would fall over my knees.  I went around to the shoes section and I found a cute yellow shoes.  My eyes caught a white purse that would go well with my dress. I payed for the items at the casheir and head straight to the parking lot.

.
.

"Excuse me miss." I said as I bumped into someone. My keys fell to the ground and I bend over to pick them up. I stood up and I was amazed at the sight I saw. A young girl, she looked exactly like my daughter.

.

"Emily?" I asked. Her eyes lit up as I call the name.

.

"S-sorry. My name is Hope. Sorry I bump into you." She said in fear.

.

.
"That ok. You look so much of someone I know. How old are you?" I asked her.

.

.
"S-seventeen. " she said with a weak smile. She looked pale and sick. I could see her cheek bones, her eyes had dark circles around them. He lips where white and cracked, her hair was messy and flew all over the place. It was as if she had never been outside before. Her clothes were torn and dirty. I could see her ribs through her torn clothes. She wore a torn up sandal which was suppose to protect her feet from the ground. My eyes were filled with tears as I took in the sight that was in front of me. I stretched my hand out to touch her shoulder, she took a step backwards in fear of me touching her. A sob escaped from my lips as she looked behind herself. Not wanting her to notice that I was crying, I wipped my eyes and smiled at her as she looked at me.

.

.
"It's ok, I won't hurt you i'm trying to help. Are you hungry?" I asked her.  She knod her head saying yes. "Ok let me put this bag in my car and i'll get you something to eat." I said to her. We walked into the mall and head over to the food court with Hope beside me. "What would you like?" I asked her.

.
.

"That burger looks nice. " she said with her head hanging low. I smiled at her and ordered the burger a large fries and a fruit juice for her and a strawberry milk shake for myself. I collected the food and we sit at an empty table at the left side of the food court. I gave Hope her food and she started eating. I sat and watched her eating, she ate as if she was starving. "Take your time." I said to her with a smile.

.

.
"I'm sorry." She said with fear in her voice.

.
"It's ok sweetheart." I said reassuring her. She smiled and took her time to eat. "Where are you from?" I asked her.

.
.
"I-i. P-please,  I-"

.

.
"It's ok. You don't have to tell me." I said with a smile as I cut her off. We sat in silence and finished our meal.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Y-yes. W-why did you a-asked?" She said as she stuttered.

"Because you keep looking around. It's as if you are afraid of something. Are you sure you are ok? You can tell me if you are not." I told her.

"Y-yes i'm alrite." She said with her head hanging low. For some reason it was as if I know her, as I have said before she looked alot like Katelyn. The only difference was,  she was pail, skinny. She looked as if she was malnourished. I felt sorry for her to know that such a young beautiful girl had a rough life.