Chapter 14

I know i'm late but I just want to say HAPPY 2016 EVERYONE!! Have a peaceful and productive year! Thanks for reading my book!

The kiss lasted for a good thirty seconds. I must admit, he was a good kisser he knew exactly how to get a woman weak in the knees, but then it hit me like a tun of bricks. He doesn't love or want me, he only wants to use me the way he did before. I shove him off me and I tried to catch my breath.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he took a step closer to me and he tried to touch me.

"Don't touch me." I said as I spun on my heels and exit the room. I walked down the stairs and went straight into the living room where I saw Sash seated on the couch watching the television. I smiled and walked over to where she was seated and rested my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey." I said as I sat beside her.

"Hey Nev. How are you?" She asked as she turned to face me.

"I'm ok." I said with a weak smile. She smiled at me and nod her head. "Look Nevaeh, i'm sorry for everything that had happened. I'm sorry for telling Maleek where you lived an-"

"Sashree stop. It's ok, I forgive you. Infact, if it wern't for you Katelyn would have never met her grandparents. She's happy that she met them and that's all that matters. I was angry at first, but i'm not anymore." I said to her with an assuring smile. She returned the smile and gave me a hug.

"Nevaeh, let m-"

"What do you want Maleek!" I shout at him.

"I-i-i was just going to say let me show you to the room where you will be staying." He said.

"Ok, but let me got get Katie first. Where is she?" I asked him as I got up off the couch.

"She's with my mother in the garden. I'll take you to her." He said as he turned and walked over to the back door. I followed behind him and stopped when I noticed some picture frames on the wall. In one of them, I saw his mother seated on a stool with a toddler about one year old in her hands, Maleek was standing infront of her with a young girl infront of him and his father was behind her with his hand on her shoulder. I smiled at how happy Maleek looked in the photo, he was a jurk but he still deserved some type of happiness.

"Who is the baby in this picture?" I asked Maleek.

"T-that's my sister, Emily." He said with sadness in his voice.

"I'm guessing the girl infront of you is also your sister?" I asked as I turned to look at him. He shook his head saying yes and I could see tears in his eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked with concern.

"It's nothing." He said as he wipped a tear that fell from his eye. He turned to walk away and I held on to his hand, he turned and looked at me.

"It can't be nothing, there must be a reason why you're this sad. Please tell me what's wrong."I said to him. He sighed and looked at me.

"I-i. My little sister Emily was only four when she was kidnapped. We don't know who took her, we searched for her everyday for the pass thirteen years but we couldn't find her. We still search for her but we always end up in a dead end. I pray to the moon goddest that i'll find her, it's like she has vanished into thin air. I've had sleepless night trying to find her, I was to protect her but I failed. What kind of brother cannot protect his own little sister." He said as tears flow down his cheeks. I embraced him in a hug and held him close to me. I felt sorry for him, he is a jerk but he did not deserve loosing a sibling. Apart of me felt the pain he was enduring, I wanted to be wrapped up into his arms and my lips on his and ensure him that it would be ok, but I couldn't. He was sobbing and I felt sorry for him. Even tho he rejected me, there was still a place for him in my heart.