Chapter 17

Hey guys!! So I've taken the time out and wrote this chappie for you all, hope you'll like it!! Here we go!...

Maleek's POV
.
.
.
Day of the date...
.
.
.
.
I had asked Nevaeh out on a date hoping to work things out with her. I was sitting in my office going over the pack's finances when there was a knock on the door. My wolf was on edge and there and then I knew it was my mate. I took in a deep breath and a growl escaped from my lips.
.
.
.
.
"Come in." I said as I closed my eyes trying to control my breathing. "Hey Maleek. Sash and I are going out for a run, Katie is in the pack's play room. Please check up on her, I don't trust Bailey with her." Nevaeh said with her arms fould infront of her.

"Why? What's wrong? Why don't you trust Bailey?" I asked as her giving her my full attention.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I don't know Maleek, there's just something about her that creeps me out." She replied getting irritated.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"You're just being paranoid, Bailey is a good person. She has been a pack member for the pass thirteen years, everyone loves her." I said to her. " I trust her Nevaeh, so why can't you?"
.
.
.
.
.

"Look, i'm not one of those who trust her. My wolf is telling me that she is bad news and that I should not trust her with my daughter and she is never wrong when it comes on to her." She said getting alittle upset.
.
.
.
.
.

"She's my daughter too Nevaeh, Bailey is a good person. She would never do anything to harm our daughter, especially since she's my daughter. Just tru-" I tried to speak, but she inturrepted.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Why are you definding her! Are you screwing her? Huh Maleek? Tell me!" She screamed at me getting irritated.
.
.
.
.
.
"Nevaeh stop it! What are you talking about? I'm not having sex with her ('atleast not again' I thaught to myself). Gosh! I'll check up on her, does that make you happy?" I asked getting angry.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Very." She replied as she spun on her heel and exit the room with Sash following behind her. I sat around my desk going over what just happened in my mind. It was true, Bailey and I were messing around. In fact, we were engaged and two weeks after she miscarried she called the wedding off.

***Flashback***

'Maleek did you feel that? He's moving.' Bailey asked as she places my hand on her stomach.
.

.
.
.
.
'Yes I did. Wow! It's amazing, I can't wait for him to be born.' I said as I gave her a kiss on her lips. Bailey was three months along and we were excited for our first child. 'Bailey sweetheart, I have to go to the office and take care of some business. I'll come check on you later.' I said to her as I kissed her on her forehead and left the room. I sat in my office going over some proposal from the Spring Vail pack, their pack was falling apart and they needed the help of my pack to wip them back into shape. I made a note to inform my pack member about the other pack's request.
.
.
.
.
.
I layed my head on my hands and onto the table. I closed my eyes and dozed off when suddenly Nevaeh rushed accross my mind. She was in an hospital on a bed, doctors and nurses along with her parents and Sash was around her. She was screaming her lungs out and I felt a sharp pain hit me in the abdomen. I jumped up and opened my eyes and saw that it was just a dream, but it felt so real . I loved Neveah, she meant everything to me, when she left I was broken I couldn't sleep nor eat. No one would come around me because they were afraid i'd rip their head off.
.
.
.
.
I felt so alone until one night my cousin Tylor and a couple other pack members decided to take me to a club where I met Bailey. When I first saw her, I thought it was Nevaeh. She reminded me so much of my mate and I clinged to her, but every moment I was with her I thought about my mate.
.
.
.
.
I got up from around my table took a deep breath and stretched. I stepped out of my office and head to my room to check on Bailey. When I got there she was gone, I was worried bacause Emily our pack doctor placed her on bed rest because there was a 75 percent chance of her loosing the baby. Suddenly a scream sounding like her hit me. I rushed out of the room and down the stairs where I saw her laying on the ground with a few pack members around her.
.
.
.
.
'What's wrong?' I asked in panic as I reached infront of here.