Chapter 12

This chappie is dedicated to iceprincess1983 for being the first one to like chapter 11..Thanks sweety!!..

Now lets get down to business..here we go..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nevaeh

My heart shattered every day I visit my daughter in the hospital. All I wanted was just to hear her call me. I'd give anything to hear her angelic voice call my name. I'd give anything to see her beautiful eyes or to hear that melodic laughter of hers.

It's been a month. A month since Katelyn has been in a coma and i've hate Maleek more each and every day. Maleek visited her everyday, he'd tell me how sorry he was for what happened to her, but all I did was ignore him. I blamed myself for what happened to her. I should have said no to him when he asked if she could spend the day with him, but I didn't want to break her heart. She had so much hope in her eyes to spend the day with him, it would be hard to tell her no.

I sat in the hospital room starring out the window, it seems peaceful outside. I smiled at nature's beauty and for some reason I felt at ease.

"H-hey." I heard a voice called out. I turned around and saw Maleek standing at the door. He looked pail, tired, broken and hurt. I could see dark circles around his eyes, it seems as if he hadn't slept in days, weeks even. I turned my head away from him and looked at my daughter laying on the bed.

"Nevaeh, please say something to me." He said as he walked infront of me. I turned my head away from him not wanting to look at him. "Nevaeh damit! Say something." He said with  anger clear in his voice.

"What do you want me to say! Huh! Tell me! What do you want from me!" I screamed at him as I got off the chair and walked over to the window.

"I just want you to talk to me. That's all i'm begging you. I haven't slept in days Nevaeh, all i've been thinking about is you. I need you." He said as he walked over to me.

"I'm sorry to be the one to burst your booble but there will never be an us." I said with no signs of emotions.

"You don't mean that." He said as he starred into my eyes.

"Wanna bet?" I asked in a serious tone.

"You don't mean that Nevaeh. You know what will happen if you reject me." He said.

"Wow! Yet you had the audacity to reject me four years ago! How dear you!" I shouted at him with tears running down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry Nevaeh, I was a fool then. I've learnt from my mistakes. I've said sorry over and over again, why can't you forgive me? I forgave you for keeping my daughter away from me for four years." He said.

"I had all rights to keep her away from you! You're heartless and would reject her just like you did me, so don't you dear blame me from keeping my daughter away from you!" I said livid.

"She's my daughter too. I have just as much rights to her as you do. So don't you dear-"

"Mommy?" I heard a voice call out. I turned and look where my daughter was laying. I ran over to her and knelt at her bed side.

"Mommy?" She said with her eyes closed.

"Yes baby mommy is here." I said with tears running down my cheeks. I kissed her on her forehead and played in her hair.

"I'm hungry." She said with a yawn and opened her eyes. I smile at her, happy to hear her voice and see those eyes I loved.

"How is my princess doing?" Maleek said as he walked over to her.