chapter six [party]

'What about her?' Before the strange couple had taken the forest green bag and left, the man jerked his thumb to my pathetic form on the floor.

'Don't worry, I'll take care of it soon.' Grabbing his coat from the top of his desk, Yoongi refused to make eye contact with me.

'Oh! I have an idea, why don't we bring her along?' I was still completely confused as to where they were to be traveling and who they identified themselves to be. If the head was to be following them, then I assumed the event to be severely important.

Shivering slightly at the new array of goosebumps rising on my skin, I looked up to all three of them, the males looking at her as if she miraculously grew another head.

'Look, Konant, you know we can't do that...This is a private gathering, only the elites are going out for some entertainment. We can't just bring another person uninvited, it's not respecting our business orders.' Placing a hand on her shoulder gently, she brushed it off and pointed directly at me.

'Come here, I need to ask you a very important question.' Once more, I looked up at Yoongi for clarification but he appeared to be zoned out, staring at nothing with his eyebrows furrowed.

Quickly, I got up on unsteady legs and limped over to where the they had all been huddled/

'Now, I know you're supposed to be in the middle of service right now, but I sincerely think you should come with us. It'll be an opportunity to finally meet the ultimate supreme that run the nightly systems here in Hak. All employees have to attend this annual gathering at least once to confirm that they're not going to leave this business chain. If you do end up coming, you'll even get to meet Park Min-'

'Konant, that's enough. I'm definitely not taking her to downtown, it's too dangerous, and I don't think she's been subjected to too many of those types of situations and atmospheres.'

As if a switch had gone off, Yoongi looked up and wet his lips before giving his input. 'Let's take her.'

While the other male seemed conflicted, the woman had smiled at her victory before gesturing to my figure.

'But not dressed in that uniform, I hope....Doesn't Yujin leave some of her apparel here? I'm betting they're around the same size.'

Without giving him time to respond, Konant maneuvered her way to the closet I had been stuffed in just moments earlier. Turning on the light, she began going through his clothing, pulling down an abundance of dress shirts and a few pairs of sweats.

'Should be on the left side,' as calm as Yoongi seemed, the twitch in his eyebrows told otherwise.

'This will have to suffice. She's left none of her good clothing here...' Slamming the closet door shut, Konant approached me with a tight fitting clubbing dress that looked far too short for my liking.

'Here, go put this on in the restroom, we'll be waiting.'

Huffing impatiently, the young man checked his wristwatch before encouraging me to go change. Timidly, I grasped the royal blue, dress and made my way to the bathroom. I hadn't even turned the lights on to conserve time, and changed as quickly as I could. The zipper in the back was caught on a bit of material and the entire dress would not go up smoothly.

'Hurry El, I don't have all night.' Yoongi's irritated voice broke through my thoughts, as he knocked on the door.

'My dress won't...zip up all the way...' I continued to struggle, trying my hardest to reach it. The door slowly opened, revealing the short-tempered head. He moved my hands to the side, and tried to zip it up as well. It moved a bit, but the material was not giving way.

Sighing, he grabbed hold of my waist and bent over, using his teeth to zip it up with much more force. I heard the satisfying 'click,' as he clasped it at the top before leaving the restroom.

The feel of his fingertips remained on my hips, but I quickly brushed away the thought before following the three of them through and out of the entire club. I hadn't gotten a glimpse of either Jess or Jay working, and assumed they'd been occupied with other chores. Guilt began to gnaw at my stomach, as I hadn't been able to work through service tonight alongside them.

The cold evening air met us and the slight sound of sirens could be heard in the distance. The young man called out for a taxi through the midst of traffic, and we all clambered in.

I had wanted to know the name of the young man sitting in the passenger's seat, but I couldn't find the direct words to say to him. Luckily, Konant had addressed him by his first name moments after silence filled the cab.

'What's the theme of discussion for the board's meeting tonight, Chul-su?' Turning back around, a grin appeared on his lips.

'You'll see soon enough.'

The rest of the ride was relatively quiet, except for the few sneezes and silent coughs coming from Yoongi. He hadn't looked to be doing so well, and the majority of the color was drained from his already pale face. I noted that it may just have been the common cold, or something else minor.

The scenes flashing by the car windows were those straight out of what I guessed to be the 'downtown' of Hak. Men and women stood in the neighborhoods, smoking and drinking wearing leather jackets and Doc Martens. We passed by several warehouses and giant estates until finally turning into the gates of one.

Surprisingly, the estate seemed to be rather dark with hardly any lights out in the front. As we neared the sidewalk, Chul-su and Yoongi led Konant and I through the winding path and finally up the giant concrete stairs. I found it rather hard to climb up with my working heels still on, trying not to trip over things.

Cars were parked out in the front lawn and the door to the property was wide open. Shattering and music rang loud and clear from inside. Suddenly, I felt a pang of anxiety as we were led into the actual building.

A giant crystal chandelier brightened the entire entrance and winding stairwell. A crowd of people had continued on with their conversations after glancing at us briefly. Looking around, I saw Yoongi speaking with a group of individuals dressed  in nice suits and ties.

Konant grabbed hold of my arm and led me over to the group of men conversing with Chul-su and the head. Stunned, I bowed respectfully before them, not knowing what to say.

Looking up, I realized that they had all given me an intriguing stare, as if I was expected to speak first.

Yoongi had cleared his throat to break the tension and spoke in a seemingly calmer voice.

'El, it would be appreciated if you'd introduced yourself first, but I suppose they should go first. These seven gentlemen, including Chul-su are known as the Order of the Lotus, working directly under the mayor and president of the association. I'd expect no less of you to treat them well when in their presence.'

-

ooo, what is this 'order of the lotus' shenanigans?

-Elise