chapter thirty two [birthday bash]

[some smut included in the chapter, you've been warned]

June 20th -First Day of Summer (Solstice)

'Hey.'

'Hm?' Sleepily, I turned over towards the voice with my eyes shut.

'I heard it's someone's birthday today.' The owner of the velvety speaker moved rest their hand on my hip. My mind briefly tuned into his words as I nodded in agreement.

'Mm, 's nice. Whose birthday?,' I mumbled with a slight smile on my lips.

Their hands brought me closer to a warm body, mellowing out the cool air in the room. The mixture of his light cologne and the furry sheets only lulled me back to the strong will of sleep.

'I think it may be yours.'

I finally opened both of my eyes, adjusting to them to the bright light coming into the room. It couldn't be possible that he had remembered today's date. Last December was the last I had mentioned my birthday to anyone, but I only recalled telling one person.

'How did you know...?' Lifting myself from the sheets, Jungkook shrugged his shoulder.

'Word gets around once in awhile. But I didn't wake you up just to tell you that, you've gotta get up to find your surprise.'

'My surprise?' He nodded his head before moving off the bed and walking over to my side. Turning around, he bent down.

I clambered off the messy bedsheets and climbed onto his back while he secured my legs with his arms. My arms instinctively wrapped around his neck, my head resting on one shoulder.

Moving throughout the flat, I looked up at the several black and white balloons that had been placed around the room. One was neatly tied to the handle of a vintage gramophone that cranked out old jazz music.

Everything, besides the occasional balloon or streamer, seemed to be in place. However, upon entering the kitchen, I turned all of my attention onto the center table.

A tiny confectionary cake was encased under a glass dome, surrounded entirely by a messy display of candles and wrapping paper. I turned to look into the cooking section of the kitchen and my eyes immediately widened. The door to the oven had been opened whilst piles of dirty baking wear were shoved into the sink. Flour and dough stained the counters and cabinet doors.

'What happened?' Horrified, I jumped off of his back and took another step closer to shut the oven door.

'Well, I wasn't going to wake you up at 4 in the morning and I happened to stumble across a cookbook so...' His words trailed off as he rustled a bag behind me.

Before I could process what he had been tinkering with, a puff of white was thrown into my face, clouding most of my senses as I drew back.

'It may have also given me a reason to do that.' His soft laughter rang throughout the room as I wiped some of the powder from my eyelids and nose.

I used my hands to guide me towards the sink, feeling the brass knob and turning it. My hands used the cold water to clear away most of the flour off of my face, giving me my vision back.

'C'mon, you couldn't have controlled the urge for one more day?' Using a nearby towel, I dried my face off.

'Nope, now let's cut into the cake, it's still a little warm. Can you grab a kn- Actually, I'll get it.' He ushered me out of the way, then opened one of the drawers, shuffling around to find what he had been looking for. A sharp, silver knife was drawn as he shut the drawer and proceeded towards the table.