chapter twelve [break]

'You've got 5 seconds to leave.' The shutter of the sprinklers had encased the water spouts and soon the room was engulfed in near silence.

Shuffling was followed by the swift slam of the wooden door. The touch of someone's hand on my thigh jolted me to snap open my eyes.

'I can't even take my eyes off of you for a second, can I?'

Upon meeting Yoongi's eyes, I quickly sat up and crawled back a few inches away from his hand. Between a panic attack and screaming for help, I just wanted out. My breaths began to filter in heavily as I widened my eyes at the spot his hand connected with my leg.

My brain was wracking crazy ideas, telling me to stay as far away from anyone I had managed see while I had been here. They were all criminals, capable of harming me and even possibly ending my existence. I was mentally and physically tired of the abuse, it had to end soon.

But I knew that they had already won the mental battle; managing to break the state of my mental health within a few days. The anxiety and anger I felt towards Taehyung, Yoongi and Yujin had been building up for so long and now it was starting to affect me.

Confused, Yoongi took a step forward and I crawled back instinctively.

'El,-'

'Don't come any closer...please...' I suddenly became consciously aware that I was completely soaked from head to toe, adding to my already long list of things to be concerned about.

The raise of my voice had silenced him at last, but he hadn't left the room. Instead, he took a seat at the edge of the bed, his face difficult to read completely. His lips took shape of a frown, not a malicious sort of frown but more along the lines of pity almost.

It was as if he had been ashamed to see me in this state as I shivered and clutched onto myself without making eye contact.

'El, please...don't act this way....'

Saddened, I gazed into his pleading eyes.

'Am I the only one acting up? The girl who's been locked away in her boss's room for the past day and a half without any contact of others or given proper nutrients to keep her alive. The one who has been wishing for her only companion in all of this to return but he never does, and I'm the one acting up? Is my vision of a loyal worker twisted somehow? Yoongi, am I going crazy?'

He swiftly looked up at the mention of his name informally slipping from my mouth. However, I was too emotionally deranged to care as I clambered my way across the sheets towards him. My tear ducts had flooded and tears steadily made their way down my cheeks, occasionally stinging on my wounds.

As I reached him, I swung my arms around him and cried. It was the only thing I had wanted to do since he left earlier that day. I only sought out comfort that I knew he couldn't provide for me.

The tip of his chin collided with the top of my head. He brought his arms around my frightened frame and took in a large breath before speaking to  me.

'Hey, listen up.' Softly, he brought his fingers to my chin and tilted it towards his face.

'There's an idiot running lose that wants nothing more to destroy my company and take everything away from him. He's got some guts to come in and try to assault an innoc- no, my girl. If I hadn't come in time, I don't even want to imagine what would've happened, but that wasn't the case at all. I came and rescued you, so it's alright now, you don't need to cry anymore El.'

The manner in which he spoke those words held a certain tone of patience, completely different from what he had used to talk to me moments ago.

I had only squeezed his body closer to mine, trying to subside the amount of tears falling onto his plain white tee-shirt.

'A-are you going to h-h-have to -hic- punish m-me?' My intake of oxygen had become uneven and essentially resulting in hiccups that I had dreaded.

Laughing, I could feel the soothing vibrations coming from deep within Yoongi.

'Yes El, I'm going to had to give you the biggest punishment you've received so far,'

With another hiccup, I released a silent whine, gripping even tighter.

'P-please d-don't...p-please.'

'Ah yes, prepare yourself  El. Your punishment is merely that you get to drag my ugly ass anywhere tomorrow; any shop you'd like. Just looking at your clothes, I can tell you need some new ones, and I haven't properly congratulated you for doing well on your speech.'

No words could have explained how shaken up I felt with a sudden rush of new emotions.

'Yoongi...'

'Don't make it a habit of using my first name, it'll result in real consequences.;

Nodding, I focused on the cross pendant hanging from around his neck that prevented me from coming impossibly closer.

'Sleep here tonight, I've got to get back to the meeting.'

Taehyung was a filthy liar, but I had expected nothing less from him.

Peeling my arms off, he gathered all of his belongings and jogged out the door before eyeing the state of his soggy desk. All of the checks that had been sticking out where all water logged .

'He's dead.

Without another word, he stormed off, leaving me in the equally wet sheets of his bedroom in the dark.

-

i almost feel for el, maybe just a little

[i'm thinking of writing a vampire themed fanfic, but don't think i should...perhaps i should?]

-elise