chapter twenty four [queasy-easy]

It felt so cold, yet it was hot. The bright, warm sunlight seeped in through the transparent paneled windows, but I was not warm and sunny.

A constant sharp prod in my head pounded ruthlessly, almost as if someone were slowly extracting parts of my brain while I was still conscious. My breath came out in strangled moans of pain as I grasped for the thick blankets.

All of my previous energy was slowly being stripped from my body with each aching second. I couldn't lift my eyelids, out of fear that the light would be too dizzying for me to look at.

Immediately, I was drawn to the cool fingertips resting on my forehead.

'Damn, you're burning up.' The trickle of water faintly sounded off next to me and I turned my head towards the figure, wanting to feel more of their cool touch.

Ice cold clashed with heat when a water-soaked rag was positioned on my forehead. My throat was far beyond parched, words were becoming hard to even formulate in my head. The sensation of several needles being stuck into my arms and legs had provided plenty of pain, paralyzing me in the single spot.

'What am I going to do with you? I promised to stick by you, yet again, I wasn't here to help you. It's not worth saying promises I'm not going to keep, so just please get well soon.' The figure leaned forward against the edge of the bed, holding onto my hands with their warm ones.

'I'm sorry El.'

Their words were jumbled around in my mind, mixing different vowels and sounds together.

I shut out the rest of the world in my misery as sleep same and drifted me off.

- -

The thumping hadn't ceased to go away but I could finally open my swollen eyelids. Blearily, I could only focus on the area in front of me while a haze filtered the objects and lighting in the room.

I slowly turned my head without causing too much pain and eyed the spoon and bottle of medicine in the figure's hands. Yoongi's hands.

He screwed off the lid and read the label on the side of the bottle quietly to himself.

'I'm going to need you to take some of this, it'll help with the fever and hopefully the pain.' Mumbling, he slowly began to pour some of the vile liquid into the spoon.

If there was one thing for sure, it was most definitely that I absolutely loathed medication, especially the drinking kind.

The strong stench of overpowering mint and rubbing alcohol filled my senses. Shuffling under the sheets, I turned away, groaning at the stiffness in my joints while trying to escape the horrible ailment waiting for me.

'Sit up, the medicine will go down easier.'

I shook my head feverishly, coughing up phlegm in the process.

'El, we can either do this the easy way or the hard way. It's your choice. Now, sit up.'

'N-no-' My voice came out in a scratchy wail, pleading him to find something else to use instead. There were plenty of pills and types of powers he could have used, so I saw no sense in trying to feed me the despicable fluid.

'El, you have three seconds to sit up and take this medicine, now.' His stern, authoritative voice hurt my sensitive ears.

'B-but-'

'1.'

'2.' Contemplating on whether it was worth it or not, I moved to sit up slightly but a ringing had spread loud and clear, seeming to shake my eardrums.

'3.'

Grabbing both of my arms, I realized I was completely too weak to fight back. The spoon was shoved into the direction of my mouth, but I refused to open it, shying away from the horrible smell.

Soft lips were pressed to my neck before his teeth nipped at the skin. I cried out in shock, and he used that opportunity to dump the contents of the medicine into my mouth.

Immediately, I swallowed the slimy goo-like texture down, but it hadn't stayed for long. Choking on the aftertaste, my stomach heaved once.

'Don't fight it El, just hold it down.'

However, it had already been too late. Rolling over to the side of the bed, I emptied my stomach's storage onto the floors, spitting out strings of saliva as well.

Yoongi merely stayed silent for several moments, and I could only imagine how fed up he must have felt towards me. It was such a hassle, having to look after an ill person only to have them throw back up the medicine you've fed them.

Turning back over to the bed, I closed my eyes once again and clutched onto my stomach. Another wave of nausea was slowly rising as bile collected in my throat. Swallowing back the stinging bile, I tried to focus on the soft sounds of scrubbing and cleaning coming from the ground.

A wet cloth was used to clean the excess vomit on my lips and portions of my shirt.

Many trips to and from the bathroom were made before my heart rate had gone back to normal.

'Are you going to hold it down this time or will you wretch all over the carpets again?'

His voice held a certain exasperation and desperation to it. It was as if he was pleading for me to just take it and get well already, and I understood.

Opening my eyes, I sat up slowly while looking towards him apologetically. The spoon with more medicine was placed at my lips.

Without any trouble, I widened my lips and swallowed it down with a shudder.

'There, wasn't so hard now was it?' Grimacing, I concentrated on keeping the strong substance within my stomach lining.

'Let's get you changed out of your dirty clothes.' Standing up, he placed several dirty rags into a large trash bin, and walked off to wash his hands.

Upon coming back, he held a sleeveless, pastel pink nightgown and helped my limp body undress from the previous smelly clothing.

The warm air caused chills to run down my spine. As the nightgown was slipped over my head and body, I was hit with the scent of flowers and took comfort in it.

Weakened by the amount of liquid and sense that had managed to escape from me, I was weary of the fact that Yoongi had taken a spot besides me, a book in one hand while the other rubbed my stomach soothingly.

'I-I'm sor-ry,' the words parted from my mouth instinctively.

'Get some rest.'

- -

news flash!- author(nim????) will be updating her other stories tomorrow and on saturday

she will also be gone on sunday for a trip, so this story will not be updated until monday, sorry! if i have time tomorrow, however, then i will try to fit in another update for yoongi and his ill el

that is all! i hope you enjoyed!-

-elise