chapter twenty seven [jaunt]

'Are you still upset?'

I turned away, avoiding his gaze completely. It had been a standoff lasting throughout the entire night and into the early morning. There was absolutely no way in hell that I'd be able to look at him the same way again. The fact that he had deliberately put himself in danger just because he thought I'd be too weak to be alone, bothered me immensely.

'Not speaking to me isn't going to solve anything. How am I supposed to know what you're thinking if you're constantly just giving me glares from across the bed? I'm not psychic El, it'd be lovely if I were.'

'Seems to me you always know what I'm thinking, especially when you go out and make stupid decisions like that for yourself because you think I'm too weak to overcome a minor illness.' I crossed my arms defensively, waiting for his next jab.

'When will you understand that I did that out of an act of kindness? It wasn't because I thought you were too sickly that I purposely got into a fight. It was simply because I knew you were sick and I wanted to get closer to you. You make it seem like I have this image of you constantly needing my attention 24/7. I'm telling you that's not the case.' His tone began to increase, getting louder and louder while he shifted positions to sit in front of me. I continued to look away from his bruised appearance. It only reminded me of how irritated I still was.

'Look, I'm sorry if you think I got hurt in spite of the fact that you were suffering, and I'm sorry I put you into such a bad spot. But in the end, I did this all because I actually care about you, a lot.' His cold fingers rested on my outstretched legs, gripping them slightly.

It was then that I knew I couldn't hold back my tears any longer. Frustration and angry had finally escaped in the form of water droplets as I tried to wipe them away quickly.

'Didn't I remind you that I hate when girls cry?'

Before I could shout bad another rude remark, he tightened his grasp on my legs and pulled me closer to him. He put his arms around me and rested his chin on the top of my head, whispering silent 'sorry's' into my hair. I wrapped my arms around his torso and continued to weep feverishly.

'How did you find out I got into a fight with Taehyung? I didn't tell you...' The edge in his voice made hair on the back of my neck rise in alarm. I had completely forgotten that this was a secret that was meant to be kept between Jungkook and I. There were plenty of excuses I could have made, but fessing up would be the quickest resolve. However, I feared of what would happen to Jungkook if I said he had been the one to spill the information.

'Someone told me...' I mumbled softly into his chest, sniffing to calm my nerves.

'I know that, I'm asking for the one who told you.'

'J-...Jungkook.' My stutter was intentional, as I thought of any other name to say, but the 'J' would have given it away even without the break in speech.

It was deadly silent for a few moments and I assumed Yoongi was having difficulties trying to completely process the information I had just given him. I swiped across my wet eyes, afraid of what would be said next.

'Have you been spending time with Jungkook while I've been gone?' That was it, now it was out in the open that I had been with someone else in his absence. He pulled away while a suspicious expression on his face. I gulped softly at the intensity in his eyes.

'It gets really lonely up here sometimes, it's hard not to search for a source of entertainment. Jess and Jungkook are the only two I know working here, but Jess is always away on the off-hours...' I rubbed my arm as the confession tumbled from my mouth.

'I knew it, I fucking knew it.' Rubbing his temples, the waver in his voice startled me. He couldn't cry, there was no way he was capable of that emotion. According to him, only the weak and females were given the functioning tear ducts to let water pass through.

'So it's alright for you to be gone days at a time, but when I leave to get away from this confinement, it's suddenly a crime? I'm not allowed to have the liberty and freedom to do the things I want?'

I was taken back as he tackled me, hovering over my face slightly.

'I've provided so much for you, but none of it is ever enough. You still want more. I just don't understand, what could you possibly get from Jungkook that I don't have?' The desperation in his voice confirmed how he believed I was slowly slipping away from him. He was right, I was drifting farther and farther away.

'I want some companionship, a friend that I can talk to about anything without them becoming defensive or telling me that I have no right to say certain things. You're just not here for me, damn it!' I struggled to escape his grasp, but his grip was far too strong.

'You just expect me to leave important business meetings because of your selfish pleas? And I'm the one who's selfish? I'm the one who's not here for you?'

And that was when the first drop rolled off his cheek and onto my own face. I widened my eyes, looking up at his defeated state that still somehow managed to keep me down.

'What, has he been telling these things too? Is this all coming from his mouth?'

'Stop acting like an idiot, Yoongi! Leave Jungkook out of this, it's not his fault.'

'Has he fucked you already? Did it feel good? Is he your new victim in your cruel game?'

I could feel a sharp pinch as his fingernails dug into the skin of my arms painfully.

'I said shut the hell u-!'

A knock came from the door, breaking us both apart from our little wrestling match. Without another word, Yoongi cleared his eyes of any excess tears before hopping off the bed and answering the door.

I rubbed my eyes to get a clear vision of who had been standing at the door. My heart stopped immediately at the sight of young male who had been holding a packet of papers in his hand, offering it to Yoongi.

It was Jungkook.

-

late update comin' throughhh

i'm thinking of making a playlist to go along with this story, maybe one song per chapter to really 'fit' the mood - yes, no?

mkay...

hope you enjoyed!-

-elise