chapter twenty one [diamond]

It was my whole day off, finally. Reconstruction was being done in the room across from Yoongi's and everyone decided it would just be easier to just rest for the entire day, including the night shifts.

My fingers grappled at the short strands of hair. There wasn't very much I could do with it, I had realized looking into the clear vanity mirror. A cold draft had blown into the dressing room from the air vents just outside in the hallway.

'It's freezing,' absentmindedly, I muttered as I dropped a bobby pin on the floor.

'Then put on a sweater.' I looked up just in time to see Jeon walk in through the door frame and lean against the stack of plastic containers near the racks of clothing. It was weird seeing him dressed in casual apparel instead of his usual uniform. Clad in a large black sweater and ripped jeans, he appeared much younger.

'Can't, construction workers won't let anyone enter upstairs.'

'Then ask Jess for one, she's got a bunch.' He shifted his position and instead walked over to the stand with all the powders and make-up utensils. Tinkering with them, I couldn't help but notice the amount of piercings on his ears. Curiosity had gotten to the best of me before I could stop myself.

'Does it hurt...to y'know...get a piercing?'

I got a hold of his immediate attention, exactly what I wanted. Looking around first to see if anyone was outside the area, he replied in a low, hushed tone.

'Why, did Yoongi tell you to get one?'

'No, I was just wondering.' It wasn't a complete lie to say that he hadn't asked if I wanted to get one, but it was a bit strange. Nearly everyone I had met marred some sort of jewl set within their skin, even Jun Seo, Taehyung's father.

'Well, are you planning on getting one than?' The confusion slowly hollowed out, leaving his voice dry and unforgiving.

'It'd definitely be an experience worth seeing for yourself...'

'Where would you want to get it? I mean where on your body?'

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I tried to visually map what my face or body would appear like with pieces of silver or gold sticking out. My eyes shifted to Jeon near the back who was directly staring at me through the reflection with expectant eyes.

'Maybe my ears for starters? Then my nose or lip...'

Jeon let out a laugh, lowering his head down. 'It's hard to imagine someone like you with piercings.'

Trying to suppress a grin, I turned to look at him with an offended expression. It may have been something completely out of the ordinary, but I least I'd have the decency to hold in my laughter until everyone left. It seemed to be a contagious thing around here; people would laugh first and merely explain later.

'At least I'm admitting something like this.'

'That's very true. About a month ago, you'd kill me if I suggested something like this to you.' I tried to take in all of the words that he had said. It was true. Somehow, I managed to change myself within the time I had spent with Yoongi. Hearing it from someone else scared me, quite honestly.

'If only I could tackle you right now, Jeon.'

'No one's stopping you, El.' In a teasing manner, he ruffled my hair while ruining the tiny braid I had been working on for the past fe minutes.

My mouth flew wide open as my efforts had vanished from the simple act.

'Call me Jungkook instead, it'll get my attention quicker.' Turning on his heel, he headed for the door but stopped in his tracks.