chapter thirty [secrets]

'It just doesn't make sense, why would he leave so suddenly?' Looking around the room, Jimin spoke the question that was one everyone's mind. None of it was logical, but I hadn't even cared for why he had left, I just wanted to know that he was safe.

The letter clutched in my fist began to crinkle slightly on the sides as I looked down remorsefully at the stitched sweater. He left these items behind for a reason, to tell me something. I hope the message was simply that he'd be back soon and safely; it was all that I cared for.

Everyone had been silently thinking on their own, the atmosphere becoming tense with the stare downs.

'Did any of you know he was going to leave for Thailand?' Konant broke the silence as she rubbed the sides of her temples in circular motions.

All heads shook simultaneously until the gazes landed on me. It was confession time, finally.

'If anyone, I think he would tell El. He didn't, right? That's why you seemed so surprised when you received the letter and the gifts...'

I couldn't meet the eyes of anyone, instead looking down at the now crumpled paper on my lap.

'Oh no...E;, what happened?' The strain in Jungkook's voice brought out the thoughts and minds of the other members who looked onto me expectantly.

Sniffing, I cleared my eyes of anymore excess water and used a tissue from nearby to clean my nose before starting off in an unsteady voice.

'The night before I was entered into the hospital, we got into a giant argument. It was stupid, really, nothing we said had made any sense. I left him there and... hurt myself but I wasn't sure how long I had been out for until the doctors told me it was 4 days roughly. I figured that he wouldn't come by and visit me because of how angry he seemed that night, but last night a visitor came. Now I'm sure it was him at one o'clock in the morning with another person. They left shortly after to catch their flight but he had never mentioned any of this to me before. I have no idea why he's traveling to Bangkok.'

Looking down shamefully, a sigh of irritation escaped Jin's lips.

'You should have told us about the argument earlier, it would have solved a lot of earlier problems.'

'I'm sure he'll be back. His business trips never last more than a week anyways and Thailand is relatively close by so that should shorten the time but a lot.'

Everyone pitched in encouraging and optimistic comments to brighten the mood. But no matter how many times I told myself that he would be back, another uneasy feeling would override it.

'You should get some more rest El, the nurses say that you can be released within 3 days if you show signs of improvement. On that note, I think we should all leave her, it's been a hazardous morning.' Jess placed her hand on Hoseok and Jimin's shoulders as they nodded in agreement.

'We'll leave first. I'll come check on you later today to see how things are going.' With a smile, all three of them stood and waved before exiting the room.

'I should get going as well, I've got a meeting within the next hour. Ring one of us if something is wrong.' Getting up out of his seat, I looked back at Jin with a saddened, grateful smile as he left as well.

I placed the note and box on the floor next to the bed until I realized that one more person remained in the room.

'Are you going to leave as well?'

Jungkook stared at the floor, spaced out completely then shaking his head slightly.

'No, I need to ask you something important.'

'Go ahead and ask.' I placed both of my hands on my legs as the temperature of the room began to drop again.

'If Yoongi never returned from his trip, would you try to move on?' His tired eyes met mine in an expression not known to me. It was a combination of curiosity and genuity, something I hadn't seen for quite some time.

I took my time digesting the question, taking it apart and searching for the right answer to give. I wanted to give him an answer that he would be pleased with as well, but I knew that couldn't be possible.

'I can't,' came my simple words. A genuine answer for a genuine question; a perfect match.

'Why can't you?' He sat up in his seat, now desperately looking to me for my incite.

'Why are you asking such strange questions? I'm telling you that I simply can't move on but you persist me to give a full analysis of it. I just simply couldn't move on from it if he were never to come back.' I began to feel slightly irritated that he would allow his own desires to interrupt an occasion so heart wrenching as this.

'What if I told you that Yoongi isn't really in Bangkok?' Now I was starting to become edgy.

'Jungkook, tell me what you know, I think I at least deserve that much. We all do.' Biting my lip, I moved closer to the side of the bed and closer to him.

His gaze swung from side to side, eyeing the doors and monitors and windows with a speck of concern in his gaze,

'I overheard Taehyung and Yoongi talking on the phone while you were still in the hospital the other day. Apparently, the plane ride and all the things you've already received is just a set up to cover for Taehyung. They've got something sinister planned ahead, but I don't know what.'

'That doesn't make any sense, why would Yoongi lie to all of us like this? In a time like this?'

'I don't know, but the person who came to visit you last night might not have been the real Yoongi/ It could have been a substitute sent by Taehyung to have this entire scenario put into play. He's toying with us, El.'

My mind reeled at the dizzying information I just received. Nothing added up, sense just wasn't a common theme in any of it.

'What about the diary entry?'

Jungkook adverted my gaze altogether, looking down onto his lap.

'That wasn't from him, someone signed under his name.'

-

ah man, f you taehyung

plot twisters

enjoy!-

-elise