chapter fourteen [sheets]

I turned to look at him with a mixed expression, taking in what he had just asked me. It seemed so strange that he'd ask me something of this nature while we were supposed to be only out shopping for the essentials.

'A ta-tattoo?' Stuttering, he merely grinned and nodded his head.

'Yes, a tattoo, the designs that people get attached onto their skin, that kind of tat.'

'Why would I want a tattoo? I don't need it and I'd prefer my skin to be clear for a while...' I took a peek at my bare legs and arms, trying to imagine how they would turn out if covered in black ink. Frowning at the thought, Yoongi took the opportunity to put in a few crucial words that would've been better said from the start.

'El, have you ever taken a look at Jess's back, or Jeon's back'

'Jeon?' Confusedly, I turned to him as we began to walk again at a slower pace.

'Jay,' he had corrected himself.

'No, I suppose not, I haven't had a reason too....' I had a gut feeling of what he was about to say next, but I still wasn't exactly sure where he was going with his spiel.

'Before becoming an employee, everyone has to be approved by the Order of the Lotus, and in doing so they have to have the official insignia permanently inked onto their backs. It's similar to joining a fraternity or sorority; there's always an initiation for the majority to show that they're 'dedicated,' and not willing to share any confidential information with the other corporations, or companies. You've already been approved, and you're already technically an employee so it's bound to happen sooner or later. I'm not trying to pressure you, but I feel like I need to enforce the fact that you can't be employed under my name if you don't have this sign tattooed....'

His words trailed off as he peered up at the clouds forming above head. The sun had slowly disappeared from my vision and was slowly hiding behind the brash clouds.

I had taken a few moments to remain silent as we approached the entrance of the tattoo parlor with bags of clothing in our hands.

'Is this 'insignia' really that important to this business?' My tone had shifted into that of a whiny child, something that came out unconsciously immature.

'Yes El, it's very important.' Yoongi twisted his wrist around to check the time on his wristwatch before looking up at me once more.

'If you're going to do it, we've got to hurry. There's one more place we have to visit before heading back.'

The clock was ticking down and this decision was preventing me from progressing any further. If I was bound to have this tattoo some time later, I figure it would be easier to get it done sooner instead of waiting and fearing it longer.

'Alright, I suppose I should do it now to get it over with.'

Grabbing the bags from my owns hands, Yoongi then opened the door for me and I stepped in. The smell of rubbing alcohol and wood hit my nose immediately, making my stomach church slightly.

A man with minimal tattoos and a nice, lean physique had been working on another customer when we walked but but soon moved his attention to us. He smile right as he recognized Yoongi and waved him over to the tiny work area.

'Hey, Stace! What can I do for you? Who's this?' Pointing to me, I moved behind Yoongi slightly, gazing at the black and white tiled floor with reddened cheeks.

'Another employee. She needs the our logo on her back.'

'Where exactly on the back does she want in? Does she want it colored or the normal black and white?'