Chapter 17- Daughter of_____

The day was hot and stuffy which is odd given we're still in London. We had to go to the airpot and my mum looked extremely worried about this.

"Er are you scared of planes?" I ask her, because its a pretty common fear.

"Oh no." She assures me. I didn't believe her. something was up. I may have only visited my mum 5 times in 13 years but she's my mum and i know her.

We have just taken off and its stuffy AF on the plane.

((five minutes later))

The temperature has dropped to about 8 degrees (idk what they call it in other countries.. but 8 decrees is like super cold.) And the aircontioning hasn't been on at all yet. I look out the window, we haven't even left the UK but the previously cloudless sky is now covered in thunder clouds.

I look over at my mum who is looking out the window and back at me, her face is pale and i now. I get the feeling she isn't scared if flying , its something else, something bigger...

The thunder rumbles and i just sit and quietly hum to Imagine Dragons. (Demons)

My mum gone to the bathroom and i decide i need to go alwell. I get up and wait outside the door for her. I hear muttering and put my ear to the door. I only catch a few words and i cant make any sense of them.

"Lord Zeus." and "Safety." and "Camp." Thats all i get when i pull away for the door just in time because my mum opens it and walks out, smiling at me.

We finally get to America after a long trip.

(((Skip to when they get to house)))

I don't remember if my mum mentioned that she bought a mansion! It was dark blue and black with lots of windows. It looked beautiful on the outside but the inside was even better.

My room was huge. It had a high ceiling and a bay window. But i couldn't help feeling it was to much. It made me miss my small, cozy room at Abigail's, with my painted walls and colourful curtains.

This room was spacious and i was grateful although it only had a big wooden bookshelf, wooden four poster bed and a wooden wardrobe. I couldn't help myself. I ran over to the wardrobe and opened it, climbing inside i looked for Narnia and was disappointed to find cold wood. (but i think we would all do that...)

I unpacked and lay on my bed staring at the plain, very plain, ceiling.

I really need to paint that. I think to myself. I didn't know what to do...

"Lena, Honey." says my mum as she enters my room, closley followed by an older woman with black hair, slightly grey, and pale green eyes. "Um this is your Aunt Mellissa."

"Oh you can call me Lissa, dear." The woman says to me. My jaw drops.

"Dad told me you and mum were both only children." I say to my mum.

"What? Oh of course he told you that. Oh whatever, he was lying..." I give her a questioning look, asking why he lied. "OH never mind that." Says my mum.

"Okay.." I say.

Lissa looks between my mum and me. "You haven't told her have you, Harper?"

My mum gives the slightest shake of her head and suddenly become very intersted in the floor. "Wha-" I begin and then my Aunt Lissa changes the subject.

"The neighbours next door have a boy your age, honey. Why don't you go and introduce yourself?"

I look at mum suspiciously "Okayyy.." I say to Lissa, I slowly get up still looking at my mum, who was looking at the ground while Lissa glared at her.