A Dress and a Death for Me

Neither me nor Pan said much as we got ready the next morning. Which was the usual.

I slipped into a peach colored dress and a jean cover up.

School went along much the same. I came to his room and basically sat on the edge of his desk while he graded papers.

Then when the day was finally over I curled into his lap. "I think your still feeling last night." Pan said while stroking my hair.

I figured. Asshole werewolf.

I slid off him and headed to the door. Valery would still be waiting so we could go buy a dress for me to wear to her Ceremony.

"Be safe. And hurry home." He said with a slight edge in his voice. I waved behind me.

I rushed to my car where Valery was waiting. "Hey, you ready? That didn't take very long." She said with a wink. I just shrugged.

Valery shook her head as we climbed into the car.

It wasn't until we got to the dress shop that I started to loosen up. Soon I had grey dresses draped across both arms and was being carted to the dressing room by Valery.

I shuffled through the dresses and found one that Valery must have picked out.

When I put it on I looked like a Greek Goddess. And when I showed Valery she looked like she had seen a ghost.

"That one! I don't wanna see anymore! That one is the one your wearing."

•••••

Pan met me at the door, seeping me into his arms and carrying me up stairs. I irrupted into a fit of giggles, and slapped at his chest.

"I'm tired of you running off after school." Pan said as he threw me into the bed.

What happened next was almost slow motion for me. Pan went to slide my spandex off and when he brought his hand back up, it was bloody.

He laughed for a second until he saw my face. I don't even know why this worried me, why I felt like something was terribly wrong. All I knew was that I was in a lot of pain and it wasn't even my time on the month.

A woman that I had never seen before had come into the room. Later she told me that I had miscarried a baby.

For some reason that's not what upset me. It was the look on Pan's face.

Because he knew that it couldn't have been his baby.