Chapter 1.

I hated getting physicals, hated going to the doctor in general. They always touched me more than necessary, in my opinion. They would take advantage of their profession and say they were just being thorough. Yeah, right, but what could a seventeen year old girl do about it? Authorities would just say I was being over dramatic.

"Jessica Sinclair," A young nurse called, peeking around the door that led to the exam rooms. Her overly innocent voice made me want to puke.

I stood up to make my way through the lobby and my mom followed suit. I knew she didn't want to be here, but my father was away on another one of his 'business meetings' as he called them. She would rather be doing who knows what with her group of up tight friends.

"You don't have to go back with me, mom. I'll be fine, it's just a physical."

My mom sat back down and gave me an appreciative smile. We knew our relationship wasn't like it should be but we usually got along okay. We trusted each other.

The nurse led me to an exam room with white walls and ugly posters. It smelt too clean and sterile for my likings. They should at least have some kind of air freshener. I sat up on the uncomfortable hospital bed while she took my vitals and introduced herself as Grace, asking if anything was bothering me. I said no and crossed my arms over my chest as she exited the room.

"Dr. Styles will be in soon."

This would be my first time seeing Dr. Styles. He had just recently taken over for Dr. Griffith, who had retired a few months ago. Maybe Dr. Griffith was the reason I'd hated going to appointments. Old men turned me off and I hated how his rough, aged hands had felt against my skin. I didn't know anything about this new doctor and didn't know what to expect. Maybe he wouldn't be half bad but my expectations were low because after all, he was a doctor and doctors gave me the creeps most of the time.

A soft knock came from the other side of the door and it opened with a creek. A young man walked inside, white lab coat hanging to the bend of his knees. He had curly brown hair that hung to his shoulders and wide green eyes. He didn't strike me as the doctor type apart from his clothing and the stethoscope that hung around his neck.

"I'm Dr. Harry Styles. It's nice to meet you," he glanced down at the clip board balanced on his left arm, "Ms. Sinclair." He held out his right hand.

He had a London accent and a deep voice. His tongue flicked out, wetting his bottom lip, and I looked away.

I placed my hand in his and shook it. "Call me Jessica, please."

The doctor stared at me, giving my entire body a once over before returning his attention to his clip board. "So, just a physical today?"

"Yes,"

I watched as Dr. Styles walked the short expanse of the room to pull a pair of purple latex gloves from a box stationed on the wall. He stretched them onto his large hands and dug into a drawer under the sink in the corner. A shrill of minor excitement bubbled up in my stomach as he made his way towards me. My eyes focused on his long legs.

I tried to push my unacceptable thoughts to the back of my mind. This was absurd. Why was I thinking such things? There was no use now. Once I'd thought it, it couldn't be undone.

Dr. Styles was hot.

"Jessica," He came a little closer, sitting the clip board down next to me and pulled his stethoscope up into position. "I'm just going to check your breathing. I know Grace already done that but it's required of me as this is a full body physical."