Chapter 31.

4 month time hop to March:

I moped into the front doors of the school like I did most mornings. I couldn't wait for the end of the year. Only a few more months and I'd be done with high school forever. Maybe then, I could move somewhere new and start over since there was nothing here for me anymore.

Tomorrow would be my birthday, my eighteenth, and I wasn't even that excited about it anymore. The path that my thoughts were leading me to caused a dull physical ache in my chest. At the beginning of the school year, I was dying for it to be my birthday, counting down the days in my head. Everything had changed when I'd lost Harry, when my mom had sent me to live with my dad.

When Harry dropped me off at home after our trip to London, it was the last time I'd seen him. My mom had let my dad know what was going on and he'd been furious, making it his goal in life to not let Harry see me ever again. I hated him for it. At least neither of them had gone to the police. If they had, I would have never forgiven myself for ruining Harry's life.

The day went by slow like usual, same old shit, but a different day.

The next day at school, on my birthday, a white envelope fell from my locker when I opened it. I picked it up, assuming it was a birthday card from one of my friends. I gasped when I opened the card, reading the message inside. I pressed a hand to the row of lockers to keep from collapsing to my knees.

Inside the card, a handwritten paragraph read, "I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I promised I wouldn't forget. I know a lot of time has passed and I know you've hurt a lot, so have I, but if you're up for it, meet me at our old hotel room this weekend. I want to talk to you. I still love you and I miss you more than you can imagine. All the love, H."

I hadn't heard from Harry since returning home from London. This seemed like too much to handle right now. I grabbed the card, clutching it to my chest, and headed to the bathroom. The second I passed through the door way, waves and waves of tears fell from my eyes. If I thought I was getting over Harry, I was totally wrong. I opened up the card, reading it over and over again, crying more each time. Flipping it over, I seen that it said something else on the back.

"P.S... If you don't meet me, I'll know that it's over between us and I'll promise to never bother you again, no matter how hard it will be for me."

Every cell in my body loved Harry and there was no way that I wouldn't go meet him. I cried until my face was red and puffy, far past the time that the bell rang. So many emotions were churning inside me at once, completely overwhelming me. He'd waited for me for all these months, and now there wasn't a thing anyone could do to stop Harry and I from being together. We would start off from where we left off at.

~
Saturday morning arrived after what seemed like ages. My mom and dad had smoothed things over well enough with each other to throw an eighteenth birthday party for me, but that wasn't the reason for my excitement. Today was the day I would get to see Harry again.

A white canopy was sat up in my backyard with various picnic tables setting underneath it. My family and some of my friends from school were already out there, lingering around the table that held all the food: cake, ice cream, chips, fruit trays, and a chocolate fondue fountain. It wasn't anything too fancy but it was the best my parents could do.

The party was set to start at four and it was already fifteen minutes after. I was supposed to meet Harry at the hotel at five thirty so I needed an excuse to leave my party early. I made my rounds, greeted all my guests, and sat down with my friends to eat cake and ice cream. It was honestly a boring eighteenth birthday party, I had to admit.

I drove down the road, knowing exactly how to get to the hotel where Harry and I used to meet up. I'd told my friends at the party that I needed to leave for an appointment and my parents thought I was going to hang out with my friends because they left at the same time I did. It was now only ten minutes until I was supposed to meet Harry and I was absolutely buzzing. As I made the last right turn towards my destination, a pick up truck skidded across the street and straight toward my little car. I didn't have any time to be afraid before it crashed into me. . .