Chapter 15.

Saturday morning when I woke up there were bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep and smeared makeup all over my face. I checked my phone in hopes of a text or missed call from Harry but there weren't any. I wondered if we were over or if he was just mad at me. I was praying he was just mad and that he would forgive me soon.

Not bothering to shower, I made my way down stairs to grab a granola bar for breakfast. It wasn't nearly as tasty as the pancakes that Harry had made for us. I leaned against the counter as I nibbled at it, wondering about my mom. Did she lose her job? She hadn't been to work in days.

I threw my granola wrapper away and walked to her bedroom. My mom was laying on her back with her eyes wide open, white foam seeping from the corner of her mouth. I let out a blood curdling scream at the sight. Running back into the kitchen as fast as I could, I grabbed my phone and dialed 911.

Sirens sounded off outside and paramedics arrived at my house in minutes. There were multiple of them, maybe five or six, and I let them inside, showing them to where my mom lay unconscious in her bed. They carried medic bags over their shoulders and the last two brought a stretcher in with them. Accessing my mom's situation quickly, they loaded her up on the stretcher and took her away. I watched with teary eyes and shaking hands as the ambulance sped down the street.

Macy was supposed to be spending the day with her family and I didn't want to disturb her. I didn't feel comfortable discussing the issues with my mom to any of my other friends. They were judgmental on a lot of things. I had no one. No one except for Harry who wasn't currently talking to me. I decided to send him a text. I couldn't give up yet. What we had together was deep and unexplainable. The feelings that I had for him were strong all along but after I gave up my virginity to him it felt like they multiplied. Our connection had grown deeper.

"Harry, please call me. I love you and need you more than anything right now. Give me a chance to explain everything. I know you would understand if you knew the whole story. I need you so much right now. Please."

I sounded desperate and needy but I didn't care. It was kind of true. I was desperate for him to talk to me and I needed him. My heart ached as I sat in silence on my couch. It seemed like my life was falling apart piece by piece. After a long fifteen minutes my phone buzzed beside me.

"I'm giving you a chance to explain yourself because I love you and it better be the truth. Come over now if you can. -H"

I washed the makeup off my face, threw my hair up, and got dressed. I slipped Harry's hoodie on before I left my house. I thought about how I was going to explain everything to Harry, what I was going to say. What if he didn't believe the truth? What if he never wanted to see me again? I sat in my car for a few minutes after I had pulled into his driveway, trying to calm myself down.

I stepped out of my car and Harry met me on the front porch. I broke out into sobs the second I laid eyes on him and he wrapped me in a familiar hug.

"Harry, I'm so sorry. I'm a wreck right now but let me explain, okay?" I said. My words came out muffled against his chest.

Harry led me inside and sat down on his recliner chair near to the couch. He looked up at me, waiting for some answers.

"I wasn't with Trent." I started. "He blackmailed me, blackmailed us. That knock on the window of your car was him. He'd seen me get inside with you. He said that he would tell the police and the entire school about what he seen if I didn't pretend to be his girlfriend. I don't even know what he seen. Maybe he just said that to scare me and it worked."