Chapter 5.

School had been hell. I'd been so tired in every class from the lack of sleep that I could barely stay focused. My parents had kept me up most of the night with their loud arguing. I'd thought on the way home from Harry's house that they would have been over it but I was wrong.

I sat on the bleachers, ready for the distraction of the football game. It was still early but I didn't want to stay at my house a minute longer. When my mom and dad weren't yelling at each other, they were silent and had bad attitudes towards everything. It was driving me crazy.

A football player climbed up the bleachers, heading towards the top row where I sat. As he got closer I realized it was Trent. He really was cute, especially in his uniform. I gave him a genuine smile as he approached me and sat down.

"I'm surprised you're here so early. You didn't seem very excited at school today."

"I was just tired."

"Is something bothering you, Jessica? You can tell me." He looked straight at me, his beautiful blue eyes waiting for an answer.

This reminded me why I had always liked him. He was sweet along with being really attractive. He wasn't like the other guys on the team who only cared about themselves. I didn't know all of them personally but I was sure Trent was the sweetest one.

"No, just tired, like I said before."

I didn't want to spill my guts to him about my parents and I couldn't tell him why I was feeling guilty about hanging with him after the game. It was really frustrating and I'd have to choose between him and Harry sooner or later.

"Alright. Well, I've got to get back. Coach is making us go to the weight room before the game. I just seen you up here and wanted to know what was going on. We're still on for after the game, right?"

"Yeah,"

I watched as Trent made his way down the bleachers and towards the rest of his team who were walking in the direction of the school. He jogged to catch up once he got onto the ground. My eyes stayed focused on him until he was out of sight.

The minutes passed slow and it gave my mind time to wonder freely. I needed to choose one or the other because the guilt would get to me eventually. The smart thing to do would be to break my connections with Harry and focus on Trent but it wasn't that easy. I'd already created some sort of feelings for Harry.

Harry was all I could think about as I sat alone on the bleachers. His hands on my body, the smell of his cologne, the night he'd fingered me, our dinner, the way it had felt when he held me in his arms, our goodbye hug before I left his house last night. We didn't have a title but we were something.

People began to trickle in the later it got. Before I knew it, the place was loud and crowded. Macy and Heather found me and sat down. Soon after, the rest of the varsity volleyball team found us and everyone except me was pumped and ready for the night to start. My nerves for after the game sent my mood into the ground even farther.

The game started and the crowd was wild as it was the first home game of the season. Our team got a touch down in within the first ten minutes. I thought the game would be a great distraction but it wasn't, despite the loud, cheery atmosphere. Apparently Harry's lips were the only things that could get my mind off things. But now, he was a part of the problems I needed distracted from.

"Come on, cheer up Jessica. Your man is out there killing it." Macy shouted to me over the noise.

"He's not my man. We're just hanging out."