Chapter 8.

Walking through the halls on Friday morning felt like I was the most hated model participating in a fashion show. It seemed like everyone's eyes were on me, long stares and awkward glances coming from every direction. A lot of people had seen me storm away from Trent last night at the game and apparently they had told their friends. I found Macy by our shared locker but she walked away before I had the chance to get there.

I was on edge and so nervous that I hadn't been able to eat breakfast. My mom had been up for work but hadn't payed enough attention to notice that something wasn't right with me. There was something off about her too but I couldn't pin point it. She'd been off since my dad had left after breaking her nose.

Someone last night had seen Harry and I, and I didn't have a clue as to who it was. They could tell someone at any moment, sending Harry's life into the drains and turning mine into a living hell. Had it been a student? Maybe they had spread it like wild fire and that was the real reason I was getting all the weird stares. If it had been a teacher or just an adult they would have told the police by now.

I had texted Harry all last night, freaking out. He'd told me to calm down and that it was probably nothing but I knew he was kind of scared also by the way he acted in the car before we'd both gone home. If he knew what was better for him he'd never speak to me again for the sake of his career but I was glad he was choosing me. At least for now he was.

The table came to an awkward silence when I sat down with Macy, Heather, and a few other girls from the volleyball team at lunch.

"Okay. What is going on?" I asked. "Why has everyone been acting so strange all day?"

"You tell her." Heather said.

Macy gave me a sympathetic smile before speaking. "We know what happened after the volleyball game last night."

I gasped, feeling sick to my stomach.

"Yeah," Heather added, "a mass text to almost everyone in the school got sent out that you were a virgin and lost your V card to Trent last night."

I blinked a few times, letting out the breath I'd been holding in, and looked up from where I was staring at the table, feeling a strange sense of relief. I didn't know who'd sent that text out but it was a lot better than people knowing about Harry and I. Before I got a chance to explain myself, Trent approached our table.

"Can we talk?" He asked. "Privately?"

All eyes were on me, waiting for my next move, listening for what I would say.

"Yeah," I said, leaving my untouched lunch trey on the table.

I followed Trent out into the hall and he waited until we were alone to start talking.

"You're going to pretend be my girlfriend and you're going to the homecoming dance with me."

All traces of the usually sweet Trent was gone. His tone was aggressive and demanding and I didn't like it one bit.

"No,"

"I guess I'll just have to get my buddy Ryan to work his tech magic and send out another text to everyone. This time it will be about what you and that doctor did in his car. I seen you get in there." Trent said with a smug smirk.

The sick feeling in my stomach returned stronger than ever. My mouth went dry and I thought my throat was going to close up. Trent was not who I thought he was. The Trent I knew from middle school was gone. Trent had been the one to knock on the window. He could destroy us.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do. Don't lie. Now if you don't want to seem like a slut and you don't want your secret exposed, you'll do what I say."