Chapter 12.

Sunday morning after breakfast with Harry I had to go home as bad as I didn't want to. My mom was a little off lately but she was sure to notice something was up if I kept staying gone more than normal. Harry had things to do anyways, like getting everything updated on his laptop for work and going through his schedule book for the week.

Harry kissed me goodbye and I drove down the road towards my house. My radio was playing some sad song and I flipped it off. My mood was unusually bright when I woke up this morning. Maybe it had been due to the activities that took place in the shower the night before.

As I neared my house, I found myself missing Harry already. I decided that if everything went okay on Friday and I somehow figured out a game plan, I would give it up to him. Maybe after the dance ended that night. There was no reason for me to not have sex with him. We liked each other a lot and I trusted him. He was so good at pleasuring me with his hands and mouth that I couldn't even imagine how he'd make me feel using his entire body. I needed to stop thinking about it before I turned around to go back to Harry's.

As I turned on my road, I seen flashing lights ahead of me. The closer I got, I realized the lights were coming from two police cars that were parked right in front of my house. Some of the neighbors were out in their porches staring. My eyes landed on my dad's truck in the driveway. Anger seared inside me as I parked my car. I was still so mad at him for what he did to my mom.

"What's going on?" I asked, walking inside.

My house was trashed, tables knocked over, broken glass everywhere, and a few holes in the walls. One police officer was holding onto my dad's arm who was handcuffed and the other officer was kneeling next to my mom on the floor.

"What happened?" I asked again.

No one answered me and I started toward my dad. "Did you do this? Did you?" I glanced at my mom and spotted the blood on her jaw. "Any man who hits a woman is not my dad. Look what you did to her!"

I was so mad that I wanted to cry but that would show weakness and that's probably what he wanted. The officer grabbed onto my arm to keep me away from the man who used to be my dad.

"Stay back." He warned.

I sat in a chair on the other side of the room, watching as they arrested him and called an ambulance to take my mom to the hospital. The police officer explained to me that he came into the house, trashed it and started beating on my mom. Her jaw was broken and she would need surgery to realign it.

After my house was empty I ran up to my room and called Macy. I explained everything that happened, and being the perfect friend that she was, she let me cry and rant to her until I felt I had it all out.

I spent an hour or two cleaning up the mess in my house and ate a bowl of cereal afterwards. I got in my car and headed towards the hospital to see my mom. That's where I spent the rest of the day. I felt guilty for not being home at the time. If I was there when he got there, it wouldn't have happened.

It was after ten when I got home and I called Harry after I got curled up in my bed. I needed to hear his voice after the rough day I had.

"Hey babe," he answered after the fifth ring. His voice was extra raspy.

"We're you sleeping?"

"Yeah, but it's okay. I'd rather be talking to you, or kissing you."

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to hear from you before I went to bed."