Chapter 4.

Trent Clark made his way through the center of the cafeteria with some of the other guys on the football team. He looked around, maybe searching for an empty table. His blue eyes stopped on me and he'd caught me staring. He leaned toward one of his friends and proceeded in my direction.

"Oh, my god, Jessica. He's coming over here." Macy squealed, grabbing onto my arm.

"I know, I know."

"Jessica, hey, the football game this Friday is a home game. Come watch me and we can hang out after. How about it?" Trent asked.

My thoughts momentarily went back to Saturday night at Harry's house and how we had 'hung out' together. I couldn't stop thinking about it since it'd happened.

"She would love to." Macy answered for me.

I had forgot that Trent was even standing there for a minute, too caught up reminiscing over my naughty encounter with my doctor.

"Yeah, I would love to."

"Great. See you there," he said and walked away.

"You seemed really distracted there, Jessica. What were you thinking about so hard?" Heather said.

Heather had moved here in the middle of freshman year and Macy had befriended her. They had gotten really close throughout the years. She and I weren't the best of friends because sometimes I felt like she was trying to steal Macy away from me, but we could tolerate each other. I wasn't the kind of girl to start any fights.

"Nothing, really." I answered. "He's just really hot."

All three of us laughed at my answer and I finished my lunch in silence.

I was somewhat disappointed after school when there was no texts from Harry on my phone. He was a doctor, after all, and was most likely busy. It was me who was supposed to text him if I wanted a repeat but a small part of my brain was hoping he had enjoyed it as much as I had. Maybe if I waited long enough, he would contact me.

I had to stay after school until five on Tuesday for volleyball practice and again all I could think of was Harry's hands on my body. Again, there weren't any texts from him. I thought about contacting him and telling him I did want to meet up again. I wasn't sure though. It felt wrong to be seeing him and Trent at the same time even though I wasn't really dating either of them.

Wednesday Trent had checked in with me at lunch again to see if I was still on for Friday. I'd told him yes and that I was excited for it. There was a text from Harry when school was over with for the day and I'd got a little burst of real excitement when his name had shown up on my screen. His number was saved as 'Dr. Styles' in my phone.

"Have you given any thought about coming over again? I'm getting anxious. -H"

"I've been thinking a lot. I'll let you know what I decide."

I really wouldn't mind going to Harry's again one bit. It was just that he was so charismatic and smart, and deliciously sexy along with a ton of other things. I was afraid I would start falling for him hard and end up with a broken heart. There was no chance for us to have a real relationship, even if one or both of us wanted that. And it didn't seem fair to Trent, Trent who I'd liked for as long as I could remember, and who seemed to have a genuine interest in me.

Thursday I'd had volleyball practice again and when I got home my dad was there. It was the first time he'd been home in a few weeks. My mom looked furious as she sat at the kitchen table sipping a glass of wine. My dad sat in the front room on the couch, his gaze locked on the tv. Neither of them said a word to each other, just mumbling short "hello's" to me.