Chapter 9.

My body felt overly warm when I woke up. I was cuddled into Harry's front, my head nestled against his chest and his arms were draped over me. Our legs were tangled beneath the blankets and I ran my hand over his side. He was still asleep and I listened to his steady breaths. His hair was a mess of tangled curls and I raked them back from his face. Harry looked beautiful when he was asleep.

I didn't want to move out of my place. It was too comfortable, something that I could get used to easily. I watched Harry's peaceful face and a moment later his eyes blinked open. They were lazy with sleep but bright when he opened them fully.

"Good morning," he said. His voice sounded raspy and gruff, sending tingles down my spine for a second or two.

"Morning,"

I realized that this had been my first time sleeping and waking up in bed with a guy. I was experiencing so many firsts with Harry and they'd stick with me forever, even when what we had came to an end.

"I don't want to move." I said.

Harry reached around me to grab his phone.

"I have to soon. I've got to get ready for work." He sighed.

The minutes flew by as we lay in his bed silently. I traced over the tattoos on his arms and chest with my fingers, wondering what they meant. It seemed unusual for a doctor to be so inked up but Harry was far from usual. He closed his eyes, letting me explore his body.

"Okay, I've got to get up as bad as I hate to." Harry said, placing a kiss to my temple.

"Yeah, I'll get my stuff around and get heading home. I don't want to make you late for work."

"You don't have to be in a hurry. Meet me down stairs and I'll make us some breakfast."

Fifteen minutes later, I was back in my own clothes with my hair fixed and teeth brushed. I glanced at my phone on the way down the stairs and had three texts from Trent. They all said the same thing.

"Today at three at the school parking lot. Be there or you know what happens."

I grimaced and stepped through the doorway into Harry's kitchen. The smell of pancakes surrounded me and two plates sat on the counter next to the stove. Harry was still in what he had slept in. My eyes danced over his toned body and the way his shorts hung low on his hips. I licked my lips and then cleared my throat. Harry turned and gave me a smile.

"Are pancakes okay?"

"Yes, I love them but you don't have to make me breakfast Harry."

"It's no problem, I swear."

Harry and I ate breakfast at his dinning room table and he questioned my plans for the day. I couldn't tell him about Trent and I hated lying but it was for the best at the moment. I said I would fill out more college applications and go to volleyball practice after that. It was the truth except for not including one thing.

"Just let me get ready before you leave. I want to say good bye."

"Okay. Don't take too long, you'll be late." I said, giving him a smile.

I sat on Harry's couch waiting for him to return from upstairs. I wondered what Trent was going to say to me later and why he couldn't just text me instead of meeting in person. The whole situation was frustrating. Only if I'd been more careful and watched to see if anyone was following me, none of this would be happening.