Chapter 7.

I'd agreed go out with the volleyball team girls on Sunday. We had lunch at Panda Express and spent the rest of the day looking for dresses to wear to the homecoming dance that would take place in a few weeks. I had avoided any questions about Trent, changing the subject to one of the other girls if I became the gossip topic.

I had volleyball practice every day after school due to our first game happening Thursday. Harry had been busy at work and by the time Thursday rolled around I was itching to see him again.

"Trent is coming to the game tonight." Heather informed me.

"I think this is his way of giving you another chance." Macy added. "Don't blow it.

I was excited for our first game and even more excited for the weekend to come. Hopefully Harry and I would get a chance to see each other. I longed for his arms to be around me again, for his lips to move against mine.

"Maybe," I said back.

When game time came around we walked out into the gym. The bleachers were decently full and the crowd cheered. Trent was sat in the front row with a few of his friends. I preyed that he wouldn't ask me out or anything else problematic.

I was first up and the first game flowed easily. Some how we'd won, despite what I had thought when I found out what team we were against. We would be playing five games tonight and the best out of five would be announced the winner. In the short break between games I found Trent and he was staring right at me.

My eyes scoured the crowd as I sat on the sidelines for the first half of the second game. I gasped, covering my mouth and almost fell off the bench. I'd spotted Harry in the crowd. A few of the girls on my team gave me weird looks. What the hell was he doing here?

Harry was wearing a white T-shirt that said 'North Side High School' on the front. I tried not to stare at him and wondered if he had seen that I noticed him. Sarah Johnson tapped me on the leg, breaking me from my internal melt down.

"You're up," she said.

I couldn't concentrate on the games for the rest of the night. I felt self conscious and nervous performing my sport in front of Harry. It was like his eyes were glued to me from afar, watching my every move. I missed the ball when it had been right in my arm range, receiving glares from my team mates.

After three more terrible games, we'd ended up losing. We had won two games but the opposing team had won the other three by a long shot. Coach was going to be angry with us and I dreaded the practices that would be coming up. The crowd started to thin out, the gym quieting down bit by bit.

Trent came my way as his friends exited the gym. My nerves leveled up as he got closer.

"Better luck next time," he said, coming in close and wrapping an arm around me.

Macy widened her eyes at me behind Trent's back, moving her arms motioning me to hug him. I embraced Trent for a second or two and then stepped away.

"Thank you,"

"Listen. . ." He started.

I seen Harry dart from the bleachers and exit the gym in a hurry. I couldn't focus on what Trent was trying to say to me. My mind wondered if Harry was mad or if he had somewhere to be.

"I'm sorry Trent. I can't talk now."

I left Trent, Macy, and the rest of the volleyball team in shock as I almost ran out of the gym the way Harry had gone. I would deal with the problems I'd created by this later. I found Harry leaned against the far wall in the huge hallway outside the gym.