Chapter 13.

Thursday morning when I walked into school, it was Macy that I met inside the doors instead of Trent. I was confused but I definitely preferred her over him. She informed me that Trent was out sick today and that she'd heard it while passing a few of the guys on the football team on her way in. This could be good or bad. I had another day to build myself up to confronting Trent but it was also cutting it really close. If things didn't go in my favor, it could be the end of Harry and I. The thought made me heart ache.

Macy asked about my mom and I told her how she'd got released from the hospital last night and how she'd woke me up earlier. I'd never heard of getting released from a hospital at such a bizarre time but I didn't question it. My mom seemed jittery and still not completely herself.

My day was going by torturously slow and by lunch time my nerves had me about to puke. I nibbled at my pizza, not much in the mood for eating. I hadn't ate breakfast either, leaving a bowl of cereal untouched on the counter. My mom had asked me to get a restraining order against my dad and I just avoided the conversation by excusing myself off to school.

After lunch ended I hid in a stall in the bathrooms that were farthest away from my next class and the main office. I waited until the bell rang and everyone was in class to pull out my phone and call Harry. He was on his lunch break at work and today I really didn't care if I was late to class.

We only talked for a few minutes but it felt good to hear his voice. He had noticed the nervousness and stress in my voice, worrying about how I was doing. He told me to come to his house after school, there would be a key under the mat, and that he would be home a little after four. I couldn't help but smile that he trusted me enough to be in his house without him.

My last classes of the day seemed to drag on and on but eventually the final bell rang. Fifteen minutes later I was parking in Harry's driveway, still nervous and still stressing about how everything would go tomorrow. It was going to be a big day, one that could break Harry and I.

I found the key under the mat where Harry had explained and let myself in. His big house seemed so empty and quiet when I was the only one here. I wondered if it felt the same way to Harry when he was home alone. My mind drifted as I waited on his couch. I thought about what it would be like to start a life in another country. Did Harry ever miss home? Did he ever go visit his family back in England? I had so many questions.

Before I knew it, Harry startled me out of my reveries by barging right into his front door. I greeted him, standing up and walking towards him. He met me halfway and hugged me tight, bringing his face back in front of mine for a long kiss.

"It's been too long. We need to make it a point to see each other more. I missed you." Harry said, still hugging me.

"Yes, definitely," I agreed. "Its only been since Sunday but I've missed you like crazy."

Harry made us chef salads in his kitchen and we ate them standing at the counter, each drinking a glass of lemonade. Both tasted great and I was happy to see him but the terrible feeling kept seeping into me that this could be the last time Harry and I have dinner together.

I must of done a bad job at disguising my thoughts because after Harry placed our dishes in his sink, he wrapped me in another hug. He had a concerned look on his face, eyebrows furrowing.

"Jess, are you okay? Is something bothering you?"

"Just stressing about my parents and some tests at school."

I hated lying to him but I had to, just for one more day after this. Anyways, it wasn't all fake, I was definitely stressing about my mom. It just bothered me that I couldn't tell him what was I was worrying about the most.