Chapter 10.

Monday morning when I got up for school my mom was still in her pajamas.

"You don't have work, today?" I asked while grabbing a breakfast shake from our almost empty refrigerator.

"I called off today. I'm not feeling well." She said.

"Mom, you've been acting so weird these last couple of days. What's up with you?"

She huffed out a breath of air and crossed her arms over her chest. "Jessica. How about you mind your own damn business?"

I took a few steps back from her, shocked. She'd never been like that with me before. There was definitely something up and I was determined to find out. I left the kitchen to go finish curling my hair, dreading going to school and dreading my mother.

Trent was waiting for me inside the front doors of the school. He motioned me over after I pretended not to see him. He held out his hand for me to hold. I interlaced my hand with his and wanted to curl into a ball and cry. I felt disgusting and he hadn't even kissed me yet.

"How was your weekend?" Trent asked.

"I can pretend to be your girlfriend but I'm not going to like it. I'm not having a conversation with you."

"If we're around other people you will or you know what happens."

We walked hand in hand to my locker, not saying a word. I grabbed my books for English and he walked me to my class.

"See you at lunch, hun." He said, pressing a kiss to my lips.

Some other girls standing around stared as he walked away. My stomach churned and I ran for the bathroom as the bell rang. I splashed water over my face and wiped across my mouth with the sleeve of my sweater. I sent a text to Macy that I needed to talk to her after school. I was going to tell her. I needed someone's advice.

I avoided people as much as I could for the rest of the school day, skipping lunch and telling the coach I wasn't feeling well so I wasn't going to be at practice. Trent had found me after the lunch period and asked my whereabouts. I'd lied to him also, saying I was sick and in the nurse's office.

The day had seemed to last for ages and I followed Macy to her house in my car when it had ended. Once we were in her bedroom I explained everything, starting from the day of my physical to today after lunch period. Her face was blank and I waited for her reply anxiously.

"Jess, oh my god, why didn't you tell me sooner? I should kick Trent's ass. This is unacceptable. Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not. I feel like I'm going to have a break down any minute with all these secrets and lies. And please, please, do not say anything to Trent. He will tell about Harry and I if he finds out you know."

Macy hugged me and it felt good. It had been a while since I had a hug with my best friend. It was like I was a hundred pounds lighter letting someone else in on what I was going through.

"I won't say anything to anyone, I promise. What I will do is anything I can to help you out. There has to be a way."

"Okay. I love you, Macy. You're the best best friend ever." I said, and meant it. I was lucky to have her in my life. "Don't tell heather, please."