Chapter 23.

"Hello," I said into my phone.

Harry's voice was deep when he spoke, even raspier than normal. "Jess, I'm so sorry. Please, please don't hate me. I love you."

"I love you." I didn't know where he was going with this, what his intentions were, but I loved him more than anything, no matter what our situation was.

"I hate that I upset you. I know I did. I saw the look on your face as you left my house. I've been thinking about it since you left and I can't deal with it anymore."

"Harry, I don't know where you're going with this." I said, honestly. "You said it yourself that we can't do this." My voice came out shakier than intended. I waited for Harry to speak again, a low sob escaping me.

"Listen, Jess, please don't cry. Please. It's killing me. You don't know what's going on here. It's not the police I'm worried about. I already know they can't prove anything without evidence. It's Cara."

"Cara?"

"She found out about us somehow. She's very intuitive, and observant. She said if I didn't end things with you that she would tell about us. She threatened to let out the secret to all the students at your school. It would ruin the rest of your senior year. I stopped seeing you for your own sake."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing so I stayed silent.

"Jess. I don't know how much longer I can hold up. I hate being apart from you but I don't want your senior year to be ruined because of me."

"Then don't, Harry. Don't stay away from me. This last week has been absolutely terrible for me. I need you." Tears were falling down my cheeks from all the emotions inside me.

"And I need you," he said. "We can't be like we were before. We'll have to be extra careful to not let anyone see us. We might not be able to see each other as much as before."

"So we're together again? I can call you mine again?" I asked.

"Yes, baby. I'm all yours."

I wanted to drive to his house and spend the rest of the night with him, cuddled into his chest in his bed. My dad was still here though, and wouldn't let me leave. He was a light sleeper and would definitely notice if the front door opened and closed. I was crying tears of happiness that Harry was mine again.

"And I'm all yours," I said back.

"What are you doing tomorrow night?"

"Nothing. You were always my Saturday night plans."

"I'm going to book us a hotel down south of town. We need to drive there separately. I'll give you the address and directions in the morning, okay? I love you, Jess."

"Okay, and I love you so much."

"Good night, baby."

"Good night, love you,"

When I placed my phone back down on my night stand and crawled back under my covers, I couldn't stop smiling. It was much easier to fall asleep with the promise of seeing Harry tomorrow, actually seeing him. I would get to hug and kiss him, and be wrapped up in his strong arms, pressed into his chest. I would get to hear his voice again, not through the phone, and smell his minty breath and deep, manly cologne.

I couldn't wait.

~

I pulled into the parking lot of The Hilton more anxious than ever. I spotted Harry's sleek, black sports car about twenty feet away and couldn't keep the smile off my face. I'd been waiting all day for this and the time had finally arrived.