Chapter 20.

"Jess, we need to talk." Harry said.

I nuzzled into his chest, pulling the covers up to my chin. The tone of his voice worried me, along with the fact that he'd been acting somewhat off for the last few days. Macy, heather, and I had stayed at my house two nights in a row, studying for finals. I hadn't been able to spend as much time with Harry this week as I'd like but now that they were done and over with, I could make up for lost time.

"Okay,"

"Listen, Jess, I don't know how to say this," Harry started, his voice trembling, "I don't think it's safe for us to be together anymore. I love you, it's just. . ."

I untangled myself from his embrace, sitting up right. My heart pounded in my chest. I must have misheard him.

"What do you mean? Harry, I thought that we could do this. Trent has stopped. He's not onto us anymore." I babbled.

"Actually, he still is. I got pulled from work and questioned at the police station the other day. They said they received an anonymous tip. It had to be him. Jess, I love you, but we can't do this. Maybe if we wait until your eighteen, we can try again."

The backs of my eyes burned. "So you're just going to set around and wait five months?"

Harry was silent. I crawled out of bed, flipped the lamp on, and sought out my clothes on the floor. I saw the hurt in his eyes, the redness around the rims.

"You don't have to leave right now. Wait for morning."

"And lay in your bed, cuddling with you, knowing it will be the last time? I can't do this, Harry. I can't."

I pulled on my clothes and was full on sobbing by the time I walked out of his bedroom. I heard him trailing me as I made my way down the stairs. This shouldn't be such a shock to me. A relationship like ours caused so many problems and it was bound to come to end some time. I was right all along. I wasn't worth more than his career and I didn't blame him. He'd worked hard for all that he had.

All of the facts didn't keep the pain and hurt away, though. It felt like my heart had got sliced open by the sharpest knife. This was a wound that would take ages to heal, if it ever healed at all. I didn't want to be one of those girls who had a complete break down after splitting with a boyfriend but I knew I was going to be. Harry was much more than a boyfriend. I loved him more than I ever loved anyone. He was my lover, my best friend, the one who comforted me, who calmed me down. I'd met him in August, just two months ago, but I wouldn't know how to live without him.

"Jessica,"

I stopped dead in my tracks. Harry never called me by my full name anymore, not since we met. I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes before turning towards him.

"Please don't be upset over this. I didn't want to hurt you."

"What do you want me to feel then, Harry? Do you want me to parade around and be happy that we can't be together anymore?" My voice was harsh.

"Jess, please just understand. I still love you."

My temporary facade crumpled then, and Harry stepped closer. I didn't want to see or touch him but at the same time he was all I wanted. It was always him who made me feel better but now it was him who was causing the pain. His arms wrapped around me squeezed tight. I molded myself to his frame, pulling him as close as possible.

"I love you." He said against my hair.

"I love you so much more."