Chapter 2.

I ran quicker than normal across the gym floor to the girls' locker room. The first practice for varsity volleyball was over and I was more eager than ever for what would happen after.

Dr. Styles and I had texted shortly the night following my physical. He insisted that I call him Harry and we had agreed to meet at a new café on the other side of town today after practice. My insides jittered at the thought. Having coffee with a hot doctor was never in my plans but I was more than okay with it.

"Hey, Jessica. How's it going?" Trent said as I exited the locker room, already showered and redressed.

"Great, and you?" I replied, not stopping to hear his response.

My best friend Macy caught me before I left the gym, her eyes wide.

"Did you just brush off Trent Clark when he was going to start a conversation with you?" She asked. It seemed like she was more excited over it than me.

I had been crushing on Trent since middle school and he'd never looked at me as more than a friend. I had decided in junior year to just give up on him. I wasn't sure if he was interested in me now or just being friendly. It didn't really matter to me at the moment because my coffee date with the doctor was all I could think about.

"No, he was just making small talk, just being polite." I answered.

"I think I heard him and his friends talking about you in trig today. You should talk to him." Macy said as I made it out into the hall.

A half an hour later I pulled up in front of Café Bellisío. I'd had a little bit of trouble finding it and was relieved that I had arrived in time. I didn't want Dr. Styles to think that I bailed on him.

I walked inside and scoured the room, finding him at a booth near the back. He was in street clothes, but what had I expected? It wasn't like he'd be in a doctor uniform outside of his office. He flashed a smile and motioned me over. I observed his black V-neck and the way it clung to his broad chest. The butterflies in my stomach were flapping full force as I slid into the seat across the table from him.

"Nice to see you again, Jessica."

"Nice to see you too. . . Harry."

It felt strange to call him by his first name and I couldn't keep from feeling awkward. I didn't know quite what to say so I grabbed the small menu from the side of the table and pretended to read it. I felt Harry's gaze on me and I looked up, meeting his wide green eyes.

"Shall we go order our drinks or are you still deciding?" He asked.

"I know what I want."

"Good, me too."

I slid out of my seat and walked after him towards the front counter. He ordered first, getting a mocha latte. I ordered a vanilla frappé and waited next to him for our drinks to be made. The strong, masculine scent of his cologne took over my senses and I subconsciously stepped closer to him. Our drinks were done at the same time and he handed over a twenty, telling the worker he'd be paying for both.

"You didn't have to do that." I said once we returned to our table.

"Just being polite,"

I nodded and sipped at my frappé.

"I'm going to be honest with you." Harry started, "I couldn't stop thinking about you after your appointment. You really got me going."