Chapter 18

"Jung Soohyun."

That name's starting to make me feel like lighting myself up on fire and disappear.

"What?" I reacted, as calmly as possible, "She's in the same department as you?"

"Yeah. Well you know my dad won't say no to her," Taehyung said, sighing heavily.

"Well, you'll be fine, right?" I asked.

"Her presence already makes me nauseous," he said, gagging.

"You're not gonna ask me to join the firm too, right?" I asked, a little bit hopeful that he would want to get me join the firm, but at the same time I thought about the current job that I have.

"Of course not," he said, and I slightly sighed, "What if Soohyun acts up at work then you'll get into trouble with her."

"Oh," I simply reacted, soullessly.

He rested his head on the table, "I'm ruined."

"Don't think too much and eat up your noodles. It's turning cold," I said to him.

"Easy for you to say, idiot. I'm gonna suffer for 6 months working with her until she leaves Seoul," He groaned, "Won't you be jealous though?"

I looked up at him and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Why would I be jealous?"

"Well, you know, Soohyun's gonna see me more often than you will," he said, wearing a smug on his face.

"And why should I be jealous? Isn't that great, not having you around," I replied, grinning.

He gasped, mockingly. "Taehyung is hurttt," he said, putting his palm over his heart and dramatically pretended as if he was shot.

I chuckled at silliness, "Yah, stop fooling around and eat up."

"I'm not gonna eat this anymore, there's too much water," he said, standing up from his seat.

I frowned, "Hey! But I already made it for you!"

"Too bad," he teased, sticking out his tongue at me, "Eat it alone."

Taehyung ran off, all the way upstairs to his room. "KIM TAEHYUNG!" I yelled, but he didn't even turn back to look at me. I sighed, bitterly slurping the noodles that already turned cold.

***
That night, I was sitting alone in my room, scrolling through my phone. Then I remembered something.

I've got work tomorrow.

I smiled, excited. I went up to my closet and took out the apron and hat that was given to me earlier in the afternoon. I put them on, then scrutinised myself on the mirror. Looks fine.

Suddenly, someone knocked on my door. Shocked, I quickly removed the apron and hat, hiding them under my blanket, then jumped on my bed, pretending like I was simply resting.

The knob clicked and the door flung open, "HELLLOO! I knocked on the door before entering!"

"What are you doing here? Get out," I said to Taehyung, wrapping myself in my blanket.

"Why? Are you naked?" He smirked while walking towards my bed.

"YAHH! I'm not! And don't walk any further in, you can't pass the red line," I warned him.

His steps halted just before the red tape. He looked down at it, before looking back up at me.

"Why haven't you remove this stupid boundary red line yet," He said and rolled his eyes.