Chapter 20

"Hey guys! I'm back in Seoul and I'm inviting you to my reunion party! Please come tomorrow night at 8! Can't wait to meet you guys again (: Lots of love, Choi Mina."

So Choi Mina, my bestfriend, she's finally back from Canada.

"It's been long since I heard from her," I said, still looking at the text she sent.

"So, it's gonna be a reunion of high school mates?" Taehyung asked, locking his phone screen and putting the phone aside.

"Yeah, I suppose. Isn't that awkward? Remember you punched Jongsuk because he didn't return your money. What if he sees you again?" I asked, and he scratched the back of his head.

"Just hope he doesn't remember about it," Taehyung said, smiling sheepishly.

I slightly laughed, then I remembered something. Shit.

"Uh, Taehyung?" I bit the corner of my bottom lip, "Do we tell them w-we're..."

I couldn't say the word 'married' because it sounds awkward so I just showed him the ring on my finger. Yes, I did wear the ring. Miracle, isn't it?

"Waahh," he grabbed my wrist and pulled it closer to him, inspecting it clearly, "You're really wearing the ring."

I pulled my hand away, "Aishh, only because you told me about the deal. And besides I'm supposed to stay away from you, 5 metres apart."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "That again!" He sounded frustrated, "It's a dumb idea."

Why? He wants to stay near me huh?

No Hyejin, don't flatter yourself.

Okay.

"Fine," I said, "But I seriously, seriously have to tell you that I do not have any weird feelings towards you or anything, like, really."

He scoffed, "Yah, I know, alright. I've thrown away all those weird high school memories away between me and you."

I felt a lump in my throat.

He has forgotten about all of it? Really? It's all nothing to him now?

"Good, I've long erased all the memories too," I told him before breaking into awkward laughter.

He too, laughed awkwardly, and then there was a great awkward, silent, atmosphere between us in the room. He was probably thinking of the same thing as me.

It's crazy how we're together, right now, isn't it?

We started from strangers, originally minding our own business. I was the school nerd, and he's that jerk who plays around the school, then until one day we decided that bickering with each other is a daily routine.

Then we were once lovers.

And now we're married to each other, but without any romance going on.

Things escalated real quick, eventhough Taehyung and I never met for three years after graduating from high school, sometimes I feel comfortable being around him, like the good old days. And then sometimes, I remember the fact that I'm with him, was only for the sake of getting rid of a psychopath aka Jung Soohyun.

I shouldn't be sad. Psshh.

"Uh, so, what do we tell people at the party tomorrow?" I asked Taehyung, breaking the silence.

"Well, I bet they'll break into fits of laughter if we tell them we're..."

He can't say it either, so he pointed to the ring on my finger.