Epilogue

Sunlight past the grime on my blinds, lighting up the room dimly. I slightly opened my eyes and turned over to the other side of the bed only to see Taehyung wasn't beside me. I furrowed my eyebrows, the man couldn't be working on a weekend.

I finally sat up from the bed and stretched as I yawned, before turning to look at our little baby's crib. I smiled widely, carefully walking over to look at the 3 months old infant smiling in her sleep ever so peacefully. 

I gently stroke her head and planted a kiss on her forehead, before I heard metallic clatter of pots and pans coming from the kitchen. Sighing, I finally made my way out of the bedroom. Aroma of pancakes wafted out from the kitchen as I walked towards Taehyung attempting to clean up. 

"I see, you're very busy early in the morning."

He jumped, startled when he heard me, "Ugh, you're not supposed to be up yet."

Chuckling, I continued walking towards the man covered in flour and miscellaneous ingredients all over his hands and face. "What are you up to?" I asked, helping him to tidy the mess on the kitchen counter before he grabbed both my hands and pulled them away.

"Stop doing anything, you've ruined the surprise," he groaned.

"Surprise?" I quirked an eyebrow and smiled at him, "Why?"

"...Well, it's our first anniversary," He mumbled, looking away awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head. Although he seemed to be a guy who may appear cold on the outside, Taehyung's actually the most thoughtful guy I've ever met, and that never failed to make my heart flutter at the thought of it.

"Really? I forgot," I pretended.

"Since when do you remember such things," He rolled his eyes and turned to the stove, flipping over the pancakes.

"Since when do you remember such things," I threw back the question at him and smirked, admiring the rare sight of Taehyung preparing breakfast. 

"Since you've ruined my plan, and you forgot that it's our anniversary, will you just wash up before we have breakfast," he said, his eyes not averting to me as he went to wash his hands.

"Why are you so mad, young man?" I laughed before walking behind Taehyung, hugging him tightly, "How can I forget? Happy anniversary, Taehyung."

I released him when he finally turned to look at me and instantly grabbed me by my waist, pulling me closer towards him. He looked intently into my eyes, and I could tell he was trying all his might to hold back a smile. 

"You're lucky you're too beautiful to resist," Taehyung said before grabbing my face gently and gave a soft peck on my lips, "Happy anniversary, Hyejin."

I gazed up at him, and realised he was still staring down at my lips, which made butterflies begin around my stomach. He had to rip his eyes off me and released me slowly before attending to the almost-burnt pancakes.

"What is our little princess doing?" He asked and just then, I heard a loud whaling sound piercing through the walls. 

"Apparently, she's awake and crying," I said before rushing out into the room to ease the baby.

***

After breakfast, Taehyung and I had nothing to do besides playing with our precious little child. Her every movement amazed us, and any noise or sound she made was melodious to our ears. I smiled at her as her tiny fingers curled around my pinky. She was very doll-like, with an adorable smile that resembled her father's. Taehyung giggled as she smiled sweetly, stroking her cheeks that were as soft as a cotton ball.

Taehyung gently picked her up from the bed and cradled her in his arms, singing a sweet lullaby to her ear. I wanted to drink the moment in, admiring the sight of Taehyung being the sweetest father as he looked down upon the child lovingly. It reminded me of the time when Taehyung first held her when I had just painstakingly given birth to the baby. The look of his glossy eyes as he proudly looked at me was still vivid in my mind.

Taehyung leaned against the headboard, and I snuggled close beside him. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder while the other was still holding the baby close. He gazed down at me, unable to erase the broad smile that was dancing on his lips. He need not say a word, he only leaned down to plant a kiss on my head. That was all I needed to feel loved by him, never forgetting the history that lead both of us to what we were.