Chapter 23

'Dear Hyejin,

Here's a little gift for you. Thanks for accepting my apology. Let's start anew and be friends once again, alright? I hope you'll have some time to talk to me after your work though, we've got quite alot to catch up with, don't we? Thanks again, Hyejin.' -Lee Seojun

I put down the bouquet of flowers and card, sighing. After work? I need to rush home or Taehyung's gonna chop my arms off. 

Jinyoung crept up behind me, peeking at the card, "Who is it?"

I flinched, turning around to face her, "Hmm? Uh, a friend."

"A friend? Or your boyfriend?" She teased me whilst smirking.

"Aish, unnie, I'm married-- uh, I'm..." 

Way to go, someone knows you're married now.

"You're married?" She raised her eyebrow, "Then did your husband give the bouquet of flowers to you? Or was it some other guy?"

I stood there, staring at her blankly, wishing that I could suck up whatever I just blurted out to her.

"Well..." I bit the corner of my lower lip, "Another guy..."

She softly gasped, "Aigoo, how can another guy be giving you flowers when you're already married? Is he interested in you or...?"

"He's just an old friend," I said. It'll be too confusing for her to understand why'd an old friend be giving me flowers. My heart just felt like pouring out all my problems and matters to her. 

Jinyoung's a humble person, trustworthy, and she's really responsible. She's very friendly and humorous too, which was why I enjoyed working with her.

I pursed my lips, "Jinyoung unnie, will it be okay if I share with you some of my matters? Since you already know part of it..."

"No problem, if you're willing to share," she humbly smiled at me, pulling out a chair for me to sit. I returned the smile and sat down whilst she did the same opposite me. "So, what's up?"

"This is crazy," I started talking, "Actually, I'm married to help a friend. My 'husband' is just somewhat using me to avoid having to marry a psychopath."

"Oh my gosh, your life is interesting," she dramatically gasped, leaning in closer to listen more.

"6 months," I said, showing up 6 fingers to emphasise it further to her, "Before his parents and that psychopath will return back overseas to continue their whatever business. So them being in Seoul, is just a temporary thing. They won't come back, I guess."

"So you will only stay with him within 6 months?" Jinyoung asked me, and I nodded. "Who exactly is this 'friend'?" She questioned me, getting more interested about the topic.

"I bumped into him recently, he's a high school friend. We've been through alot, and honestly I've ever dated him before. Isn't it just weird that we broke up but we're like married right now?" I scrunched up my hair, a little pressurised.

She chuckled at me, "Why? Have you fallen for him again?" 

My eyes widened, "Is it too obvious? Will he know?"

Jinyoung continued laughing at me, "How can you ever get over someone you fell for before, then see him again everyday without feeling anything?"

I gulped, she seemed to know everything.

"You're still young to be married," she spoke, "Despite that, you still agreed to marry someone temporarily, and you must've at least felt a little love for him that you were willing to help."