Chapter 29

Taehyung placed his head at the crook of my neck as he was still backhugging me, "Hyejin..."

I stood frozen, not being able to believe what was happening. I remained still, breathless, eventhough my tears were falling.

"Don't leave," Taehyung whispered very softly but I could still hear him.

I sighed, trying to release myself from his embrace but he held on real tight. "Just let me go. I'm done helping you," I said as my voice was quivering.

He breathed out heavily, his arms around my waist loosened, and he finally released me, "You've misunderstood."

I held my tears before trying to respond to him, "Just go live with Soohyun. It's unfair how I'm trying to help but you're just betraying me."

"Can you not make things hard for me?" he said, sounding a little desperate. 

I turned around to face him, and his dark, brown eyes were looking directly into mine, making me almost speechless. I cleared my throat, "Me? Making things hard for you? Why are you--"

I was interrupted when he took a step closer towards me, cupped my cheek with his hand and lowered his face towards mine. A gasp escaped my lips, I wasn't expecting anything, but Taehyung hastily pressed his lips against mine.

I instantly closed my eyes in response, flustered. My body tensed up as he started kissing me with great passion, sending shivers down my spine. My mind was running wild, and so was my heart. 

Taehyung yanked me closer towards him, kissing me harder, deeper, and I was totally weak in my knees.

Tears unknowingly fell. I could only feel his warm lips brushing against mine. I slowly brought my arms to wrap around his neck, and kissed him back. 

I couldn't breathe well, and my heart was beating way too violently in my chest. Taehyung's hand slid from the small of my back down to either side of my waist, and his hands never left. After awhile, he slowly released the kiss, then his eyes flung open, and so did mine.

Kim Taehyung, what have you done.

Even so, he was still holding me close to him. "Yes, I've lost my mind," he whispered to me and my body tensed up, "And it's all because of you."

I continued looking up to him, listening to every word that escaped from his lips.

"I'm sorry that I've made you suffer. I was too selfish for my own good, and I never showed you I care for you. I've been mean to you eversince the start, since we knew each other years back, but it's only because I couldn't, and still can't defeat my feelings towards you."

Tell me more.

"And this may be insane," he paused, "But I still love you."

I instantly got mute, and more tears welled up in my eyes. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying, but that didn't help. Was I hearing right?

"Taehyung, I'm..." I sighed, burying my face into his chest. He in response, hugged me very tightly, and gently planted a kiss on my head. 

I couldn't explain what I was feeling - relieved, glad, surprised, confused and shocked, all at the same time.

"I'm sorry about earlier," Taehyung apologised, then gently pulled away from me, holding me by my shoulders, "Let's get home first. It's cold outside."

I nodded, wiping my tears and tried to give him a smile.

Taehyung ruffled my hair, then grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine, and we walked home hand in hand.