THE BABY MILL [[46]] ANOMALY

It was ultimate chaos in Key’s mind. This was just the beginning of the maelstrom that had been brewing for quite a long time. His emotions were high up on the scale of stress and they were muddling together.

            “JongHyun, what’s happening? What’s going on?” he asked, clinging to his donor’s arm. “We need to get my baby… We need to get our baby!” he exclaimed.

            At this point he wasn’t sure what he was muttering. With the alarm shrieking in his ears he could only think of now and then. Sweat made his palms sticky and wet his hair, sticking it to his neck. Over lapping the sound of the alarm was all of the noises he’d heard throughout his pregnancy. His sobs, the shrieking of his baby seconds before he’d passed out…

            “Let’s go!” MinHo growled, sounding like a wild animal.

            With TaeMin pressed to his side he moved to the front, heading in God knows what direction. It seemed like all the plans they’d established together were thrown out the window. Key watched them go, unable to get his feet to respond to the commands they were screaming at him.

            Fingers laced with his and a hand rested on his stomach. Key looked down to see who it was, to find something that made sense, and found JongHyun there… In his line of vision was his donor with the lights dancing on his skin and the panic swimming in his eyes.

            His head nodded in the direction that Minho had gone, a silent plead to move. He simultaneously nudged gently at Key’s back, not exactly being careful in avoiding the raw skin, but he hardly noticed. Only one thought was crossing his head.

            “Our baby… We have to get it…” he wheezed as the continued down the path.

            Every few seconds he would whisper or yell about finding their baby but of course there would never be an answer. Half the time his pleas were drowned out by the wailing siren anyways. He clung to his donor, unable to keep up with his pace.

            “JongHyun, the baby!” Key wailed, desperate and pleading as sobs racked his body.

            JongHyun looked like he had a billion things he wanted to yell at Key. It seemed like his partner in crime was feeling his stress since he turned back to pierce his flaming eyes into them. Anger, panic, impatience all in that one stare. If only Key was able to see beyond the veil that was his hysteria.

            “We need to go!” Minho spat.

            JongHyun pulled Key along, hardly being gentle. It wasn’t the right time to be soft and mushy – this was an emergency.

            They shuffled like nervous cattle, unnerved completely by the foreign sound. Everything was off. Key couldn’t gather his bearings as they traveled down hallway after hallway. The picture never changed. They were always the same, still shot of him screaming; fear contouring his yellow face.

            Where the hell were they going? What the hell was happening?

            Obscene words flew through Key’s head as he tried to pick out what was real and what was only happening in his head. JongHyun dragging him after the other donor and carrier. That was real. So very real and painful. Crooked fingernails scraping and digging his sensitive flesh while his eyes remained peeled for an escape and dangers that might be waiting to send them back to where they’d come from.

            Oh God… Nausea. Key felt like he was going to hurl.

            “Damn it JongHyun, wait,” MinHo suddenly hissed as they tried to continue passing where they’d stopped out of the blue.