THE BABY MILL [[18]] TESTICLES

JongHyun couldn’t remember the last time he’d felt so dirty. It wasn’t that he was unclean in anyway (the oils in his hair had barely even begun taken its course since his last shower time), but his little promotion had made it so he had to work twice as hard and that left him feeling tainted.

            He couldn’t wait to let his body dunk into the warm water. There wouldn’t even be workers in the shower with him (a perk that came with being on the Top Five list). Of course, he wouldn’t be granted full solidarity as the workers were paid to stalk his every movement in and out of his room, meaning they would stand guard by the doors of the shower to assure that he had no means of escape. He would have to indulge in the allotted time he had thinking that he was by his lonesome, though. Otherwise he would go stir crazy.

            Today he was looking forwards to scrubbing at his calloused body in the rectangular tiled room. The dank area was hardly lit with a glow streaming from a light built into the ceiling. It shone on the water and made it look a ghastly green when combined with the dark blue tiles. JongHyun found it amusing to find that the coloured water droplets were almost a perfect match to his skin… He was mulling over the marvels of his discovery when the tiniest of movements grasped his attention from the corner of his eye. Worry spiked through his chest like Cupid’s arrow, making him wonder if the workers had come back to collect him before the scheduled time because of some disarray in the schedule. It wouldn’t be the first time either…

            The room spun with JongHyun as he double spun, then triple spun, to observe his surroundings in full. Billions of things were sprinting through his mind. It could be another cruel joke the workers decided to play on him. When fueled by their own boredom or trauma that this place induced they ended up doing some mighty awful things…

            So awful… So…

            The twitching came again. This time, JongHyun’s eyes were more adjusted to the darkness of the room and he managed to react enough to pin his stare onto the culprit. Upon closer inspection he could see that it wasn’t a worker or even one of the millions of monsters he’d conjured up. What he saw instead was a boy… Naked from the looks it (who would let him shower clothed?) and one bruise away from turning into a shriveled prune. Whether he was a donor or carrier was something he couldn’t distinguish simply by physical appearance alone. His vow of silence wouldn’t allow him to take that step, though, so for now he would assess the boy for as he saw him: broken and out of place.

            Bundled up in the corner of the shower he looked a bit disproportioned. Probably because he was position with a knee pulled up to his chest while the other leg lay awkwardly in front of him, lapping up the spray emanating from the shower head above. Black hair stuck to his body all the way to his shoulders where it cut off at odd intervals. JongHyun was surprised to find that the hair matched the colour of a dark bruise right atop his left nipple. It wasn’t the only oddity scarring him either. He was horrified to see, even from this distance, the lattice work of patches creating a gruesome game of connect the dots on his chest and further to his toes as well. His eyes traced the picture the dots formed, only managing to draw the bruised ego before the guy’s chin tipped forwards.

            “Pretty, ain’t it?” he rasped.

            JongHyun couldn’t much answer. He stared at the man with no answer hanging off the tip of his tongue. How could he answer that anyway? If he had been gifted the way of words he would have ended up standing stupidly just like now. In his stupor he barely caught on to the sarcasm that accompanied the question.

            The boy’s eyelashes touched in a blink and then again and again and again; pushing back rotten mustard tainted water beads.