THE BABY MILL [[11]] INFERTILITY

One day he was going to get stuck in this hunched over position of his. Being bent over a table like he was couldn’t be very good for his back, he was sure of that.

            TaeMin remembered a time at the orphanage when Mrs. Rouge, the mother surrogate to all the parentless children, had chided him for slouching in his seat at supper time. He had dismissed the words and only now was he realizing why she’d been adamant on correcting his posture.

            After days of being forced to keep his shoulders at thigh level (even if he was supported by a table) he was beginning to feel like his spine had snapped and then moulded itself into a differently, much less comfortable position that served as his permanent aggressor. Even when he laid down in bed that dull pain resurfaced and made it feel like a hunchback.

            Hopefully it wasn’t permanent.

            A chiropractor could fix this.

            Hopefully…

            “There’s minor swelling around the opening,” someone noted, pressing against the enflamed skin.

            “On a one to ten scale?” inquired the she-devil.

            “Six.”

            “Proceed.”

            Fingers blurred together in a botch attempt of medical work. TaeMin found himself discombobulated by the numerous touches that grazed him filed down senses. This would be the third time that they’d brought him here in a very short span of time. It was obvious to TaeMin that they were getting impatient with his progress – or lack thereof. He didn’t blame them… Though he couldn’t understand why they were doing this to him, he understood their impatience; one of the few things able to click in his exhausted brain.

            “How many millimetres did we inject last time? And what was the sperm count?”

            Numbers were called out and those TaeMin wasn’t able to comprehend.

            It was only a matter of seconds before he got violated again.

            One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

            Whoever said kindergarten was useless had led. Right now, the things he learned from that class were bringing him great comfort. If only he could be back on that carpet listening to the story his teacher was reading, though. The only thing that violated him there were the rough threads of the rug rubbing his bottom through his pants and the only pain he felt was in his legs when he jumped from the top of the slide on the playground.

            Maybe if he just thought of this as craft time it wouldn’t seem so bad. He was a broken art project and they had to apply the flue into him in order to fix him up. Yeah, it was just like craft time.

            One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

            Here comes the glue; soon he’ll be good as new.

            One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

            It would only be a little while longer…

            One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten hundred more sperm searching for TLC like he was.

            TaeMin wondered how they fared down there in his body. Were they lost little kindergarteners such as him? Were they entering into a foreign place that was shabby in all aspects?  Were they wandering aimlessly in hopes of finding that spot they were destined to reach in another body? Was their strength debilitating  the more they pushed themselves to seek out the safe haven they’d dreamed about when they’d  been just small branches of DNA?

            One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten innocent lives lost.

            He was a kindergartner playing on the Devil’s playground.

            One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

            “Why are you still in here?! What the hell is taking you imbeciles so long?! It’s on inseminations; it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to find a hole and shoot stuff in it!”

            Dr. Park’s capricious intrusion took everyone off guard and shook them off their feet a bit. The syringe that had been ready to fall out of TaeMin’s opening clamoured to the floor in what seemed to be an ear drum shattering noise. All the workers surrounding the semi-delusional carrier turned away from the task they were working on to stare at the boss whose face was almost blue with rage. White blots formed on his knuckles from having them clamped so tightly. TaeMin wouldn’t be surprised to see matching coloured crescents growing in the man’s palm either.

            “We have a schedule for a reason, goddamn it!”

            The she-devil’s clipboard was ripped roughly out of her hands, probably leaving behind splinters in her fingers, and launched it into the opposing wall. It flexed awkwardly, debating whether it should snap or simply fall victim to gravity.

            “Sir,” Ms. She-devil interrupted in a meek voice. “We barely even started the session here… The next carrier isn’t due to come for another fifteen minutes.”

            Darkness curtained TaeMin’s eyes the second the last work slipped off her tongue. He wished he would closed his ears to the shouts exploding out of Dr. Park’s body as easily as he could his eyes, but unfortunately, that wasn’t a possibility. He screamed about everything, abusing his workers with insults that would make a truck driver quiver in his over alls. TaeMin himself felt the words stinging off of his body.

            And then it actually did hit him. He wasn’t quite sure what had collided with his body, but it had been hard and had hurt like crazy. Like a puppet he was pulled up by the hair and left to dangle lifelessly like the insignificant mutt he was considered as.

            “Open your eyes,” Dr. Park demanded.

            He smelled like mint.

            “Open your damn eyes!”

            The clip that had fastened the papers to the she-devil’s clipboard dug deep into his ribs. Any further in and it probably would have broken more than the skin. Agonizing as it was, TaeMin could do nothing save whimper.

            A flask shattered by his naked thighs, sending small shards of glass into his pockmarked skin.

            One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten hundred pieces in his legs.

            “You’re worthless, aren’t you? Can you even do anything other than act like a pussy?”

            One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten more sperm falling down dead.

            “You have one goddamn chance left; don’t you realize that?!”

            One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine – one. One chance left before he fell down dead…

---

A/N: Sorry it took so long for this update. I just moved the previous day and I'm still settling in. Not only have I moved but May is the busiest month at school as I have projects and exams that are coming everywhere. I also have grad to worry about and whatnot. I have a college entrance exam/placement exam in English coming up as well as several huge math tests and two major projects that are driving me insane so please try to keep following me through this story as I deal with the  May stress. At least I won't be working anymore in two weeks so that'll take off some stress. 

Thanks guys~