THE BABY MILL [[29]] RAPE

Onew’s mind was like a never ending, ticking clock; the cycle never broke. When his fever pitched dramatically he thought solely of the boy who’d roomed with him. When the worker came in and changed the needle in his hand to the other side because of infection around the area where they’d pierced his skin his mind remained glued to the spot that had once housed a bed concealed by a curtain. When his manmade opening tore and blood pooled around his thighs he thought only of that face, chubby in the cheeks and thin in the eyes like most Asians that had talked to him through the worst times and listened  just as intently during his. That face hosting terror and innocence…

            There was a persistent itch of curiosity annoying him through all the check up and nonstop heckling of the workers. Where was he now? Back in his room most likely struggling to cope with the extra weight piled onto his abdomen. When TaeMin had left he had significantly grown since their first meeting. He could only imagine how big he was now… Or maybe he hadn’t grown at all. The clock may have been ticking in his head, but it did nothing but tick – tick tock, tick tock – around an empty face.

            Wherever he was it was guaranteed that he was in pain. Onew knew all the downsides of the pregnancies. The nausea, laboured breathing from the organs crushing down on his lungs, the pestering cramps, the feeling of being constipated all the time and then the chronic diarrhea that sometimes came out of nowhere.

            Negative. That was one word of many to describe the symptoms they had to cope with on a daily basis. And there was never the added perk of being able to hold that child at the end of the run through hell.

            TaeMin was so young, too… There was life waiting to be lived in him still; he didn’t even look old enough to be out of school yet.

            “We lost another one.” The growling voice forced Onew to quit thinking of his long removed roommate and look at the man who’d once been his. “These boys are so pathetic! They can’t even carry a child full term! I should get new ones. The lawyer got that damn detective to leave us alone anyway. Bloody git thought he could convict me of kidnapping. That Choi family of his can cry from their wallets for all I care.” Dr. Park shed his lab coat onto the chair he’d long ago ordered to be kept by bed. To sit down himself would degrade his position to a level he would never allow himself to sink to, though, so he paced to the IV instead to check its standings.

            It was enough to temporarily relieve the stress on Onew’s mind for a moment only to be replaced by a hate. His tolerance for the feelings of others was as repulsive as someone eating road kill. He was distraught over the fact that he had once shared a mutual passion with this man. Every part of him wanted to scream the truths of his hypocrisy and sadistic behaviors, but he simply couldn’t… Instead he gave in to the one thing that hadn’t left him since he’d actually physically gone.

            “What happened to him?” he rasped.

            Dr. Park’s shoulders popped up in a shrug. “I couldn’t get rid of him; he’s only got one strike on his record. Hush now, you should be resting so that infection can go and we can get you fertilized… I’ve tried to pull out as much of my sperm for you as possible…”

            It might have been the demanding tone he’d used when addressing him or the way he spoke so casually about his sick experiment but something triggered defiance in Onew. The words flew out of his mouth before he could swallow them and how he wished he had…

            “Not him… The boy who transferred out of the room…” A sharp bolt of pain in his left lung caused the last word to disappear in a gasp but the message had been crossed by the first half. A dangerous message it was for Dr. Park stopped measuring the drugs he had planned on administering and to Onew and glared at him over his glasses. Intimidation was his best asset after all and he used it to his advantage; his gaze unwavering as he cast his disapproving look to the carrier.