THE BABY MILL [[17]] INVETRO

Every single person in this building was a bastard; with the exception of the boys forced into working things that degraded them. Even the woman. She was a bastard too.

            No matter how much they tried to make it up to him – through extra meals or bathing times – it would not make up for the betrayal he felt at being cooped up in here.

            Though his body was screaming out in pain and his hips were still crying in agony every time they had pressure applied to them, the staffs was still wheeling him down the same blank corridor to the examination room. They could care less about how he was faring, though. No. They didn’t want to hear his complaints about the inch of flab bulging out of his stomach or the incessant pounding in his head that made it impossible to close his eyes without stirring pain. Key liked to think that his manager would call at any second and demand for everyone to cater to his needs to make his stay as comfortable as possible lest they be sued – something she had done for him without asking back in the day – but that was a different scenario in a different life. It would never carry on over to here…

            Here, they only cared about getting him knocked up with another alien. Because they were bastards like that.

            At least he was still granted the handicapped status to hitch a ride in the wheel chair. He preferred the stiff back of the chair to hanging off the arms of the workers that were escorting him. His blotched hips still groaned precariously beneath the extra inches of skin, not sure whether to buckle or not. They at least didn’t have to feel the constant abuse that came each time his heel touched with the floor.

            When one thing went well, however, there was always something to counteract it and neutralize all the nice components that came with the bonus package. The wheelchair, for once, did not sustain his needs for comfort as they jumped over ridges in the floor and bumped along the path it had carved one too many times. The uneven wheels only contributed to the irritation Key felt every time he was buckled in for the haul down to wherever he was scheduled to go.

            The best he could do was grit his teeth together as the chair knocked his back into the frame and sent balls of pain ricocheting around his torso and further down to his nether regions.

            This needed to get done and over with already…

            No sooner had Key thought of this did they enter the examination room. With the aid of the supervising workers he was perched onto the table where a bear-like man kept him propped with one of his hairy arms. The curly locks of dark hair tickled Key’s head where it lolled down, his neck unable to support its heavy weight. His thin veil of clothing that kept him hidden from the prying eyes of curious observers was removed, exposing every portion of his body that had once been his pride and joy. From the miniscule slit of a window his dipping eyes enabled to form Key caught sight of his thighs, once so toned but now mere sticks coated in a drooping layer of faded tan skin. His calves couldn’t have been in much better condition and he’d already assessed his stomach which he really, really feared examining too closely.

            The woman in charge – the hell beast she was – barked out to the employees to act at a more efficient pace since she apparently had no precious time to waste. Key wondered if she was as impatient as she was because she had a coffee waiting for her at her desk, or maybe a magazine. There quite possibly could have been a new fashion statement declaring that lab coats were out and plain scrubs were in waiting to broach her eyes with its new designs and fabrics. It may as well have been a farfetched guess, but it was not an improbable one. He knew for a fact that she had access to filling meals and treats like coffee that he hadn’t been able to enjoy in…