THE BABY MILL [[19]] TWINS

A dozen goose feather stuffed pillow cushioned Onew’s sore body as he sweated off droplets of water induced by the rising temperature of his body. Workers clad in scrubs and gloves used fluffy towels and items of that sort to wipe away the excess while others tended to the lesions that had appeared on his calves.

            That’s what happens when no one has a chance to move about on their own two feet…

            Off in the corner, where a counter pressed against the wall that supported jars holding an assortment of things such as cotton balls and Q-tips, Dr. Park stood proud. Pen in hand he was doodling a small drawing on the corner of the paper he had strapped to the clipboard. From as far as Onew could tell he was enjoying his little drawing; the euphoria of the recent births hadn’t seemed to wear off yet.

            With the focus the doctor had on the drawing everyone could tell he was stalling. For no particular reason save he wished to savour the memories of the babies. Onew could come up with no better explanation. Soon he would be lugging himself to the group of medics to oversee the fertilization process of his beloved pooch.

            Beady eyes were boring into him, Onew could feel it… Had he had any of the strength he’d harboured in his dreams he would have launched his own abysmal glare. Too bad he couldn’t…

            It would almost be time to start… he thought.

            The hands on his shins slid up to his thighs where they gently drew his legs up to his shoulders. Every muscle in his body strained against the action, but obediently obeyed the command like they’d been trained to do. After much strain the two mean in charge of his legs didn’t manage to get them to touch his chest but they left his bottom wide open.

            “Call out your findings,” Dr. Park said, an airiness accompanying his tone.

            The woman – Dr. Park’s right hand – strode over to the small group where she surveyed the workers and asked for numbers and answers in a clipped tone. When it came time to physically examine the entrance Onew was braced. In his mind he had already conjured up the many different ways he could end up feeling and he had prepped his level of discomfort to stand at ten, that way he would be prepared for whatever came at him.

            A latex clad hand impaled the lips and pierced into the secret tunnels of his body. His initial reaction was to flinch but thanks to his calculations he managed to restrain himself from doing so. To enforce his own determination he chomped down onto the inside of his cheek with his molars, the pain in his mouth being substantial enough to almost match up to the pain raging between his legs.

            Onew knew that his charts would read the same numbers. He’d been here long enough to have the codes memorized. The only difference in the findings came when he was fertilized but that was impossible as he hadn’t been examined for fertilization since his last birth. But today they must have been talking Hebrew or some other language he didn’t understand. The medical lingo was not matching up to the one he was familiarized with and the codes didn’t line up with the ones he had etched into his head.

            “A… Eight, maybe nine,” a worker announced.

            Through the blurry images his eyes were following, Onew saw the woman’s face scrunch up with distaste. The further they got with the stats the more her wrinkles deepened. Even Dr. Park, who Onew was following from the corner of his eye, was visibly tensing up with each new combination of letter and number. His demeanour had lost the sugar glaze he’d been coated in whilst lounging earlier and adopted an eerie cast of anger that reminded Onew of the time he’d forgotten a pan full of oil on the stove and it had caught fire. Funny how one can start with a peaceful concept and erupt into something deadly in the span of a couple minutes.