THE BABY MILL [[49]] APNEA

The moment TaeMin had been ripped out of the safety of his arms was when MinHo realized that they’d been in limbo this whole time. Hell hath no sympathy. This was hell. The screams being tortured out of his body; the blood blinding him from every new attack; the inability to run away. He had found Hell – he was in it and it held a grudge.

            Hell didn’t like to be treated unkindly. While MinHo and the others had floated ungratefully up in limbo he’d heard what they’d said and thought about. He’d heard the mean named they’d called him. Everything, he knew everything. Hell had planned this thoroughly, too. He’d waited for just the right moment to strike.

            MinHo would be dragged back to limbo once his punishment was complete he would take advantage of their reunion.

            Welts, bruises, abrasions. All over his body. He could only imagine JongHyun was faring the same. He grit his teeth and dealt with the blows.

            When this whole reprimanding had commenced the tiger had tired to fight back. It had lashed out in a flurry of teeth and claws, roaring triumphantly when his weapons of death struck any surface. However, there were more of them than him. He was horrendously out numbered and they easily conquered him, forcing him onto his hands and knees. Submissive and inferior.

            “Wait till the boss deals with you,” some snivelled maniacally, getting some sort of high off beating defenceless people.

            Hell’s flames kissed at his temples where a plain of ashen meadows had rooted itself. The fire that continued to scorch the vegetation dried all the water that tried to return life to what had once been a beautiful area laden with luscious vegetation. Wild flowers had frequented his brain and made people’s thoughts swim wonderfully when they caught a whiff of it. All of it gone with the pulsing of blood in his forehead.

            “That’s enough. We have to keep them alive!” someone barked. A floor manager perhaps? MinHo couldn’t tell.

            Accompanying the blood drizzling down his brow was another liquid. It wasn’t as thick as blood but it poured freely nonetheless. A salty taste found itself drizzling into the donor’s mouth. He spit to rid the traitorous liquid from his body but like his body, he was broken.

            Mind and body completely devastated. No more sunshine. No rainbows. No flowers. His body was the tattered, antique urn that had lost its value and that held the remains of his dead mind.

            He was nothing more than a failure.

            Yet when the workers dipped down to pick up the mess they made he heard a growl from the tiger. It was weak, a chirp at best, but with the close bond he shared with the feline he knew better. Large paws flexed and relaxed continuously as MinHo was carried into a room devoid of everything except for a thin mattress on the floor, barren of sheets.

            Had MinHo had hold of his senses he would have recognized that he was being placed into a prison.

            He was all but thrown into the white abyss forgotten the moment the lock on the door clicked into place. For now anyway in due time he would have a visit from Satan himself. Satan disguised as the perfect Ken Barbie figure as he ripped the lives of these boys apart.

            “I hear you,” MinHo groaned to himself when the tiger chuffed. “Loud and clear.”

            With trembling limbs he pulled himself to the mattress. Comforting his tiger would be his job now. They both needed each other if they were going to rescue TaeMin… And their cub.