Three -Total Knock Out

"Geez, that hurt," I grumbled from the heap where I lay on the floor

"Geez, that hurt," I grumbled from the heap where I lay on the floor. Before I even opened my eyes, the intensity of the entire class staring bore into me. "Oh, ow." I covered the side of my cheek with my hand and massaged the throbbing muscles.

When I opened my eyes, students in the class had encircled me, and some of them had their phones out taking pictures. God, please say no one got that on video. I can see the meme pictures now. Ugh. 

They just stood there gawking at me like some kind of sideshow attraction. That is everyone, but the two striking pitiful looking dumbbells that started the whole thing. Kellan was crouched in front of me running his hands through his hair, ruffling it up everywhere and making him look a little haggard for wear. And Jaxon was busy assessing whether or not Kellan was done.

When Kellan noticed I had come to, he let out the breath he was holding. "Wren, I'm so—"

"Sorry?" Jaxon said interrupting him. "Yeah, nice one, Kellan. You come into class like a bull in a china shop, knock her unconscious and you're sorry? I don't buy that." His voice got louder with each word. "By the way, great way to welcome a new student to our school." He turned to face me and reached down to help me up. But before I even had a chance to respond to anything that just happened, he said, "I wouldn't listen to his pathetic attempt to apologize or whatever other excuses he has to come up with." He wrapped his arm around me and helped me to my feet.

"All right," the teacher hollered. "Everyone out of the way and back to your seats." She pushed her way through the crowd of students to find me. "Everyone except you three. You can report directly to the principal's office. After you see him," she said when she faced me, "You might want to go to the nurse's office."

"What? How am I involved in this, I—"

"I have no idea young lady, but I'm sure the principal will sort it all out when you get there," she said cutting me off.

Has she lost her mind? Since when did the victim get sent to the principal's office? "But—"

"I'm not interested in hearing it," she said in a disapproving tone. "After the three of you disrupted my class and destroyed school property—I don't want any of you back in my class—that is until you can muster up behavior more suitable for students from this school." She shook her head and left us standing there in a daze.