Fourteen -A Dream Memory

Hi, Readers! Thank-you so much for your support and comments. I LOVE hearing from everyone. 

CHECK OUT: the exclusive video made for this chapter (above). Hope you like it!

 Hope you like it!

I felt strangely disconnected from my body. Under the covers, I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. It was as if I could sense Sage came back from the bathroom and climbed into the other side of the bed versus me actually see her do it. Her presence made me grateful for her friendship, even if we hadn't known each other all that long. All these years of not knowing what the markings meant. I honestly didn't know which was better, knowing or not knowing. There was something to be said about ignorance being bliss. I don't think I really understood that statement until now. The fiery cuff around my ankle felt tight and hot around against the sheets. Sage rolled over next to me. When I turned to look at her, she was propped up on an elbow looking down at me like she was waiting for me to say something.

"What's that look for?" I asked.

"You're killing me!" she said as she grabbed a pillow and hit me over the head with it. "So come on and get out of this stupor already, I need my gossip fix. How did you end up with Kellan? Why was I covering for you? You promised to tell me. So spill already!" she said clobbering my head with the pillow.

"Okay, okay, head injury here, remember?" I laughed as I sat up and grabbed the pillow she was pummeling me with, then chucked it back at her hard making a thud-like sound as it hit her. "I'll tell you. Just stop with the beating with the pillow. I need all the brain cells I have left to tell you what happened."

"Ahhh, I knew I could convince you." She fluffed the pillow and pulled it underneath her head letting her copper blonde locks fall over the white linen. Her eyes were a cornflower blue with a deep purple color that ringed their edges. A stunning color, so unique that I couldn't recall ever seeing anyone else with eyes like hers. I started explaining how the whole situation began with the bathroom swirling and me ending up in Kellan's room half dressed when she blurted out laughing.

"Oh. My. God. That's the funniest thing ever! Um, awkward, like I'm glad it wasn't me, but so funny!"

"Glad you're enjoying the most embarrassing moment I ever remember having," I replied, understanding her reaction. If it hadn't happened to me, I would probably be laughing too.

"I take it he refused to remove it."

"Yeah, he said not to bother asking him again, and that it pretty much wasn't going to happen," I said yawning, feeling the drain of the day, demanding I get some rest. "I'm supposed to meet him for lunch at school tomorrow."

"Does he know about the fire ring?"

"Yup," I yawned again. "He was kind of unsure how it was possible for his flourish to be on me," I said tucking the pillow under my head again to get more comfortable.