Fifteen (Part One) - Looking for Answers

Hi, Readers! Thank-you for all your support, votes and messages. I LOVE writing for you. Please feel free to message me if you see anything that needs an edit. Cheers, Amber.

"You were in my dream

"You were in my dream. I mean you were really in my dream like with me. How did we get... That's not possible. Is it?" she said, turning on a lamp next to the bed. She stared at the rock, with her mouth gaping open.

"Don't look at me for answers. I have nooo idea how we got these things out of my, I mean your, our dream. Wow, this is so weird, I'm even confused how to explain it. And I was there, or at least, I think I was."

She unfolded her legs and climbed off the bed, then put her hand on my head. "I wish I had a unicorn," she said dramatically. Nothing happened.

"What on earth, are you doing?" I inquired, tossing her hand off my head feeling a little like the freakish unicorn she had asked for.

"Shhhhh, maybe it has to be something real." Then she put her hand back on my head. "I wish I had a puppy," she said with even more dramatic flare than she had for her first request. Still nothing. "Ah, too bad it was worth a try." She smirked and sat back down on the bed.

"Ha, ha," I replied. "It's not all bad, though. At least, I know what's on your Christmas list. So, how about telling me what makes this rock so special?" I admired the rainbow colors it reflected around the room.

"Well, firstly, it's practically impossible to get one. That lake is on a plateau. If you're planning on making a trek there, you risk being fried alive by the acid rain that pours down on the mountain trails that lead to it, or frozen solid by the extreme flash freezes that spontaneously happen at that altitude. By some miracle if you survive all of that, the lake isn't usually in liquid form, so you wouldn't be able to swim out and pry a piece free."

"Why would anyone bother risking life and limb for a piece of rock? Even if it is a lovely rainbow colored one."

"There's supposedly a lot more to that rock than just it's pretty exterior. There's an ancient legend that claims the wearer of Dekarta stone has the power to draw on the circle beyond their ability. Whatever that means. The few people who have one, don't exactly go around advertising what it can do. But I have every intention to find out. You know, you can find a similar crystal here on Earth, called the Titanium Aura Quartz. But this one," she said holding it up to the light, "has soaked up all the magical properties of the Dekarta Lake."

"Okay..." I said sounding like she might have now officially lost it. Power to draw on the circle, whatever that means, I tossed the notion aside. "It still doesn't explain the unicorn wish you made, though."

"Well, I've pretty much wanted a piece of this crystal for as long as I remember. Then you come along, and here I am holding a chunk of it. I figured since you're granting wishes."

"Ugh, I'm not granting wishes or at least not intentionally anyway. So stop looking at me like I'm an all magic genie. I have no idea how any of this happened, but you'll be the first to know if I figure it out."