Twenty-one (Part One) - He Loves Me

My phone vibrated on the desk, moving closer to the table edge as it did. I ran my palms down the sides of my dress smoothing out the fabric, then walked over and looked at the screen. I just realized I hadn't checked it since Jaxon left. There were a series of texts from Sage on the display, each one sounding more concerned than the last.

R U done talking to Jax yet? Text me when U R.

U need back up? I'm here to help U know.

Hey, ARE YOU OK? I haven't heard from U. Call me!

Wren?!

Then I could tell she was getting worried when I read the most recent one she'd sent.

That's it. I'm on my way over.

I quickly typed back, Sorry! Just saw all your messages. I'm fine.

OMG don't do that to me. Freaking out how Jax was going to react. Had so many scenarios running through my head.

LOL, all good. No apocalypse, I responded.

WOW, now I'm dying to know what you said to him. ...or did you just pixie dust him? Still believe it exists, maybe in one of those little white jars? Uping the offer $50? Hell, just tell me what you want for it. I NEED me some!

I laughed as I texted her back, Hahaha. If I had some, I'd share.

In my car now, be there in 5.

K.

I walked down the stairs, hopping off the last step into the kitchen. Gran was standing at the far counter next to sink grinding herbs with a pestle and mortar. Wandering over the pot on the stove, I gave it a stir with the wood spoon that was left there resting against the inside of the pot. The flower petals and herbs came to the surface, then sank again as I watched. Calendula, rosemary, comfrey, and yarrow rolled in the bubbling liquid. Their light scents wafted off the pot in waves making the room smell like a wonderful array of flowers.

 Their light scents wafted off the pot in waves making the room smell like a wonderful array of flowers