Chapter Twenty-Three (Part one) -A Frosty Reminder

Hi Everyone! So excited to give you a few answers. I can't wait to write the next chapter it's killing me! Ahhh...Hope you're enjoying the book. Only 2 chapters left. Then the sequel!

 Then the sequel!

I held the blankets tight around me as I sat up. "What do you mean by that?"

His eyes flashed and lit up. "Hmmm, possibly that you knew the consequences?"

"So, now I'm a fortune teller too?" I replied.

He shook his head, "No, but you knew Jaxon was going to react to seeing that tear drop mark on you."

"About that, I'd love to hear how I acquired that little gem." I climbed off the bed, taking the covers with me and sat next to him. "I have a feeling you're probably the only one who can answer that one for me."

"Yeah, I guess I probably am. Huh?" He picked up my hand and rubbed the back of it with his thumb. "Well, after I broke it off with Jessica, I left the Citadel to find you. You should have seen my father's face when I told him where I was going." His eyes flashed and cringed. "The words nuclear meltdown have never been better used to describe how mad he was. He refused to give me any transportation to the Fire Circle, and then denied letting me take a prongmeras."

He apparently had seen my confusion, and decided he better clarify, "Oh, a prongmeras, I guess, kind of looks like a cross between a horse and a dragon."

"Cool, do they breathe fire and fly?"

He chuckled and smiled. "Fire yes. Fly? God no. They're known for being dumb and very clumsy. You're lucky not to get injured just riding its back while it's walking. I can't imagine the damage they'd do if they had wings."

"Amaress..." I mumbled quietly.

"What was that?"

"Amaress? Does it mean something?"

He ran his hand through his hair, then placed them both on either side of my face and kissed my forehead

He ran his hand through his hair, then placed them both on either side of my face and kissed my forehead. "Yeah, it means something!" he exclaimed. "Amaress was the name of the prongmera you always took when we went out goofing off. Every time I went to help you down, the damn thing would try and bite me. I think you picked her just because she was so protective of you. That, and maybe you secretly wanted to see if she'd ever succeed."