Eleven - Dinner and a Show

Hi Readers! Hope you enjoy the latest chapter. Thanks for all your messages demanding the next chapter, wanting to know what happens next. Love the support!

Wren, say something, his voice sounded in my head waiting for me to answer

Wren, say something, his voice sounded in my head waiting for me to answer. Wren? I know you're there.

My emotions built inside of me, rising to the surface until I could no longer hold back from exploding. "You've turned me into your own personal two-way radio? I'm so not good with this on so many levels," I said as my hands began to shake. "I've heard of stalking people, but this is," I paused starting to feel a bit lightheaded like I had been on one of those spinning rides at a carnival for way too long, "... this, this is an invasion of personal privacy that I-I-I can't even find words for," I stammered, looking down at my bare feet that were starting to tingle against the tile floor. "You need to..." I paused as my entire body now felt prickly with my heightened sense of anger.

Oh, this would be so much easier to say this to him in person, than to stumble over my words yelling at a mirror in the bathroom, I thought. As if in sync with my thoughts the bathroom walls swirled in front of me like a Jackson Pollock painting, leaving me standing on a wood floor of a room that was rapidly materializing into view.

"Take this off of me..." I said, my voice trailing off. I stood there dumbfounded wondering how I ended up here. I glared at him while he lay against a pillow on his bed, nonchalant and carefree.

"Uh, most people knock," he said pulling the headphones from his ears.

"What?" I said still dazed as to how I got here, feeling like I was going to be sick.

"Most people knock. You know, on the door." He pointed towards the front door of the cabin I could see through the open doorway of his room. "They usually wear more clothes too." He smirked and laid the book he was holding on the bed. "Not that I mind at all, you can stop by anytime you like wearing nothing but that lacy..."

"Ahhhhh!" I wrapped my arms around my chest in an attempt to cover myself up. Noooo, this isn't embarrassing. On the awkward scale from one to ten, this was an eleven. I watched him get off the bed and walk over and stop in front of me. I felt like I was on display in a department store window, his eyes washing over me as I stood there.

"You need to get your etching off me right now," I said with as much confidence as I could muster standing there only half dressed.

"No," he replied crossing his arms over his chest. His eyes went a steel-gray color.

"What do you mean, no?"

"No, as in not going to happen."

"You get this thing off of me right now Kellan." I probably would have poked him in the chest with my pointer finger too, if I wasn't trying to use both hands to cover the areas of my chest that my bra wasn't.