Chapter Three

"Attention! This is the last stop so I would like everyone to leave the bus, thank you." I opened one eye and the same voice repeated what it had said. There was a man holding a megaphone repeating the same lines like five times.

I stretched out my hand and yawned really loudly which caused everyone to look at me and then whisper in each others ears. My eyes were not too tired so that was a relief because I would have had tired eyes at the auditions.

THE AUDITIONS!

Have I missed my stop, if I have, Alex is DEAD! And I mean it. But luckily I looked out the window and we were at my destination. 

I taped on Alex's head and I pulled her out the bus door, not noticing she was still sleeping. I slapped her gently and she opened her eyes. Oops! She hates it when anyone touches her cheeks. 

I stepped back and starred at her. She put her hands on her cheek and looked up and me. I forced a smile and I shrugged my shoulders. She shook her head very fast like a dog and stretched her hands . She yawned and she smiled at me. Phew! Shes not angry.

"Com'on!" She held out her right hand and I went over and held her hand and we walked together to the big shiny building. On top of the big spinning doors there was a sign saying welcome. I was shaking at that moment. I was really nervous and I could feel my heart pounding inside me and I thought my heart would break out of my body and fall onto the floor. That's how nervous I was. I think i'm even sweating. I had to just breathe and try not to be too nervous or I am going to smell while i'm auditioning and i'm pretty sure they don't want smelly people to win.

I entered the building, a little calm now, and the inside was huge. Big golden chandeliers and marble flooring and nice red and silver chairs. Everything looked like it was one million pounds. I tried to keep my mouth shut because I didn't want people to think that I couldn't afford that but the fact was true. So I looked down to the floor.

"I'm going to watch you from the audience, remember I got front row seats, bye." She waved at me and showed to thumbs at me with her fists clenched which meant good luck and I just smiled at her.

I walked towards the counter and I told the lady my name.

"Please take a seat Miss Abbey Adams until your number is called." Said the lady at the counter.

She handed me a number, which was number 34, and I smiled politely at her and nodded my head sat on a red and silver chair in the corner.

TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK!

I waited for my turn and just repeated the lines of the song I was going to sing when it was my turn.

***

"Abbey Adams please go through this door, your turn is up." Said a tall man wearing a black hat.

I was shaking and I just thought, I'm going to be great, just be confident. 

I walked in and there were about one million eyes watching me, including Alex's. She was sitting at the front row like she said and she was waving like mad at me and I just looked at her. I walked to the center of the stage and there were four Judges, their names were Pete, Lily, Joey and Caren.

"Welcome Abbey." Welcomed all the judges.

I felt as if I was in the X-Factor, but this was Are You The Star? but it was similar to X-Factor.

They asked me why I wanted to be a singer and what I was going to be singing. I told them I was going to sing a song I have made up, which is called Say Ok. They were impressed that I was using my own song and that I made it up but anyone can do that, if they're up to the challenge. It took me a couple of months to get the whole song right and perfect. And I think the song is quite good, I sang it to a couple of my friends and they said it was amazing and just to make sure they wernt lying I sort of threatened them so I could get the truth out of them, but I knew they weren't going to lie anyways because they knew that I hate liars!

"The stage is all yours." Said Lily.

I held the microphone firmly in my hand and I glanced at the many people around me. I tried thinking positive and not negative and I thought that I would give it my best shot because nobody is perfect. I glanced over to Alex who was miming good luck. 

For a moment I felt really calm and I had this feeling that everything was going to be alright, so whatever happens, well, it happens for the best and I could always try again next year if my dream failed this year, I tried to think of what mum would say. Just be the best that you can and dont be anybody else but yourself because that makes you a winner! 

I didn't waste a minute more so I pointed my hand towards the man who controls the music and sounds and he turned on the song. In the begging I got my cousin brother Will to sort of begin the song and then it was me. I opened my mouths and sang the first line.

You are fine, You are sweet ...

I sang as confidently as ever. I let my voice blow the audience away. I didn't hesitate or anything and I don't mean to boast or anything but I think I sang like a dream.

"Woahh!! That was awesome!" Shouted the audience.

Everyone applauded for me and I couldn't help turning red. I could hear Alex screaming from here. I couldnt believe I was that good. I felt tears of joy in my eyes. I quickly wiped them off and shouted 'Thank you' to the crowd.

"Speechless!" Said Pete and he just looked shocked.

"That was truly amazing and what impresses me is that this is a song you actually made up!" Exclaimed Joey.

"What they said." Said Lily. "Although, a little more confidence will do the trick but it was a wonderful performance."

"Lily is correct. But it was amazing," Caren said. 

I was over the top, not even the top. I don't know where I was but the atmosphere in here was something so terrific and the best feeling ever and this feeling to me was going to last for a long time. I never imagined me being so good and I could feel my heart pounding again but not because I was nervous, because I was happy. I hope dad is watching me, he'd be so proud and so would mum. I just know it.

****************************************************************************************************************

HEY IT WOULD BE GREAT TO KNOW YOUR OPINIONS ON THE STORY SO FAR PLEASE.. THANKS!!!