Chapter Eighteen

6 VOTES & COMMENTS FOR ME TO CONTINUE! Hope you guys like/love! =D

Abbey's POV

I watched my parents argue as the tears started to build up in my eyes. I wasn't too sure what it was about but it sounded like they were talking about the bank. I had a pinch of fear in my body. I was scared they were going to be... Oh I can't say it.

Wait, where is she going?

"Mum, come back!" I yelled after her as she stormed out of the door.

She was gone. Where? I don't know. I glanced at dad, he looked miserably sad. I wanted to ask what happened and where mum had gone. But it was better not too. I ran to the door and opened it and screamed 'mum' but she was already gone.

No! It can't be true! She can't! Mum, please tell me your still in this earth. Alex and Caitlin were crying like never before. It was too much for me. It's not true. But it was. My mum was dead.

***

I woke up breathing deeply and tears in my eyes. Thinking of my mum made me want to burst into tears.

"Abbey are you alright?" Asked Jordan.

I noticed I was leaning my head on his shoulder and so I instantly lifted my head up and wiped my tears away.

"Um...yeah, I just a bad dream," I tell him.

"Oh," He says. "Well its eight thirty in the morning and I still haven't got any signal on my phone and also there's nothing for us to eat so we're going to starve to death."

"Don't be silly," I say, punching him on his arm. "I'm sure someone will rescue as soon. Right?"

He shrugged his shoulder and stood up. He stretched out his arm towards me, expecting me to grab his hand and get up. I looked up to him and then at his hand. I reached out my hand to grab his hand and then there was something about his hand. The feeling, it felt so familiar. Have we met before?

"Are you going to get up or not?" He asks, impatiently.

"Sure," I say and he pulls me up.

I put my hand on my forehead and my bump was still big but smaller than yesterday. It was really painful and I wish the pain would go. I notice that I was still was wearing his blazer; I take it off and hand it back and thank him.

I felt weird. Since yesterday we've been getting along. I began to have second thoughts about him; maybe he is a nice person, deep inside. Without even knowing, I was staring at him, trying to figure out how I feel about him. I glanced around the room, whilst my head was trying to think of a way to get out of here.

"So what are we going to do now?" I ask, with a worried look.

"I'm not too sure." He says, narrowing his eyebrows. "Wait, I've got an idea!" He announces proudly.

He makes his way towards a fuse box and starts to meddle with the switches. At first I was like 'what on earth is he doing?' and then I figured out that he was actually going to turn off the power and then someone in the building would come down to the boiler room and rescue us. I have to admit but that's pretty clever. He switched off the last switch and the boiler room was pitched black. I couldn't see anything. I wasn't afraid of the dark when I'm with someone but when I'm alone, it can be really spooky.

"Jordan, do think this will work?" I asked, trying to find him.

There was no reply. I echoed his name again and he still didn't answer me. Okay, this was getting a tiny bit spooky and I was hoping he'd pop out from somewhere.