Chapter Twenty Three

PLEASE check out the faceook site. The links on my profile. Answer the question so I know what you lot think. 

So anyways another quick upload! Hope you like it!!

***

Jordan's POV 

I suddenly began to get goosebumps again. They seem to always appear when I'm with Abbey or when her name is mentioned. Am I starting to have feelings for her? No. I don't think so. We're meant to hate each other and that's the  way it's meant to be. Or it can change a bit. My thoughts were interrupted when mum started yelling my name from down stairs. Dinner was ready. Abbey, James and I went down the stairs into the dining room. There were six chairs. Luckily there was six of us. 

We all sat down. Abbey and her dad sat next to each other and James and I sat next to each other on the opposite seats of Abbey and Tom. Mum and dad sat opposite each other in the edge of the tables. For starters, Liane made Prawns with crispy choizo. For the main course she cooked stir fry and lasagna.

Mum always gets Liane to make to different types of main courses for the guest to choose which they want to eat. First she asks them what types of food they like and then she chooses two and that's what Liane cooks. And finally for desert there is Creme Brulee. 

We all eat up and stuff our selves with food. But we keep some space for desert. I love creme brulee. I used to eat it all the time when I was a little boys.

"Wow, I love creme brulee," Abbey complimented. "Liane done such a fantastic job cooking this that I love it even more!" 

"Your just like Jordan," James compares. "Jordan loves it. If you wern't here, he'd be stuffing it in his mouth like a pig." 

Well that was humiliating. That's one thing I hate about him. He has a big mouth and a big habit of embarrassing me in public. I wish I could do the same but I wouldn't be in one piece if I did. 

"James," Mum says sternly. 

I could see Abbey giggling. I''m glad she thinks it funny. But I don't blame her. I'm laughing myself. 

After we finish having dinner, we all go back to the living room and take a seat. The parents are just chatting away and having a good time whilst I am sitting there, with not one word coming out of my mouth like a shy boy at his first day of school.  Abbey was quiet too. There wasn't much to be said really. James was being entertained by his Blackberry as usual. 

"There's no work tomorrow, so I thought lets all go bowling," Dad announces out of the blue. "Tom bring your family."

Bowling? I gulp. Lets just say I haven't had much luck with bowling. At all. In year nine, at the age of fourteen, we went on a class trip. A bowling trip. Everyone managed to knock out one pin but me. I didn't get any. Not even on my second go. All the kids laughed. It was horrible. So horrible that I can still hear their evil laughter in my head now. And now dad was making me do it. This is worse that the engagement chaos. 

"That's a great idea!" Exclaims mum.

"Sure. Why not?" Agrees Tom.

"I love bowling!" Abbey exclaims. "Can my best friend Claire tag along?" 

"Sure, the more the merrier." Dad laughs. "We'll have to arrive by one o'clock,"

Tom nodded his head and they began to talk to them. I had to tell dad that I don't want to go. Right now!

"Dad can I have a word with you?" I ask and walk a few meters away from everyone and dad follows. "You know I'm rubbish at bowling!" 

"You twenty two, son," He pats my back. "You'll be much better. I'm sure of it."